Sony PSU Problem, not user replaceable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see.

What are the differences of powersupply types? like I went to newegg.com and saw that there is this micro ATX , ATX12v and stuff. Which one do you think my PC can support?

But yeah I'm planning to stick with that FSP since its quality over quantity.

My main concern is that if it would work or not on my pc.

Never heard of Xclio eh? Not many people have but this doesn;t change the fact that they make quality PSU's.

EXTREME Overclocking - Meridian XClio 450W & 400W Power Supplies Review - Page: 6 - Tweaking PC Hardware To The Max
EXTREME Overclocking - Meridian XCLIO 550W Power Supply Review - Page: 1 - Tweaking PC Hardware To The Max

Those are just a few articles about them and how good they are really.

The first link has the 450BL That i recommend to you for your build...trust me that is your best bet over a FSP 400

As you suggest.
Though I dont want to sound buggy, are you positively sure that that PSU will work on my computer provided with the specs I gave and all the pictures?

That motherboard looks pretty small, it is either micro ATX, or a Sony proprietary standard. If the motherboard is proprietary, then the PSU will likely be proprietary as well, meaning that it isn't an ATX or m-ATX PSU.

As far as finding out wattage & amps, it should be listed on a sticker on the PSU, which looks to be in the pictures you provided, under the CD. Also, see if you can get a better picture of the motherboard.... more specifically the layout of where the screws mount it to the motherboard tray, and the connecter from the PSU to the motherboard.

39181331if2.jpg

96944465yy2.jpg

73606061wy5.jpg

92704317eh1.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8969/65469493as9.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4595/31958599jk3.jpg

Update

Okay I got it, I need to buy a new Case and a power supply since my current PSU is proprietary.

My only question is my motherboard. Will the power supply I stated work on it?

Is it a standard ATX connection? I think its 20 pin based on what I've researched. based on the pictures what do you guys think?

What are some steps to find out if my motherboard is compatible with the Case and/or Power Supply?

Currently I'm thinking of buying this one:

Newegg.com - Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 Power Supply - Retail

this is one of the things i hate about pc manufacturers: they dont stick to the atx spefications....different motherboards, psu's, etc...annoying.

some easy steps are to check if the mounting holes are the same on your motherboard and your new case. the standard MATX mounting hole template is:
mobotemplate-1.jpg

a way to check if your psu will work on it is to check to see if the wire colors are the same.

well, just from looking at it, that case has a micro-atx motherboard, looks like the mounting holes are in the correct places, but i dont know about the psu, if i can find a diagram and compare it with a standard atx psu it would be good.

it looks like it should be a good fit, the only things that might happen is you could loose your front ports, but i guess you could just get a 5.25in drive bay cover and drill some holes and mount it.

The case you specified is a good, quaility case, same with the power supply, and your motherboard should fit if it has standard mounting holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom