New computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to share what you want, you have to either post up links to each individual conponent, or make a PUBLIC wish list, and share that wish list.

Sorry about that...I thought I did make it public.

Heres the links:
Case:Newegg.com - NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Motherboard: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Video Card: Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card - Retail
Power Supply: Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail
Processor: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
HDD's: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3250620AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Monitor: Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
Optical Drive 1: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology - OEM
Optical Drive 2: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE Combo - OEM
OS: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD - Retail
CPU Cooling: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Everything looks good, especially you are going to overclock.

The only thing that I will change (that at least one person is going to argue) it the vid card. Go with a 8600GT. Although the 7900GS outperforms the 8600GT in some dx9 games, you will not regret the 8600GT when dx10 becomes more mainstream.

Everything seems great and yes Elbatrop I will be the one person for now.

Understand that the 8600GT is a good bit weaker than the 7900GS in DX9. Dx10 isn't mainstream yet and won't be for at least another 5 months. The 7900GS is already a mid-range card that can't handle the newest games with ease. You guys can say all you want how DX10 will revolutionize and the 8600GT will somehow become amazing in DX10 becuase it blows in DX9 for the money however....by the time it will become mainstream you are going to want an upgrade on the card anyway as I will guarantee you that the 8600GT will not go very far in DX10. Why pay more for a card that is weaker right now? This is is now and we aren't in Dx10 yet. No one knowns their performance so you can't speculate anything just yet except that there is no way a 170 buck card will do anything better than medium setting on the newest game 6 months in the making...it just about never happens.

Stick with a 7900GS and OC it and once DX10 comes THEN upgrade to whats the best bang for your buck then.

That's just IMO.

Metalowns the Arctic Freezer pro 7 is a ripoff on newegg. I bought mine when they were 29.99 on there but now they are overpriced. Get one off of SVC.com for I believe 24.99. However if you already planned on spending 60 bucks then get a Gemini II off of SVC if you have case room otherwise a Tuniq Tower.

The TP Trio is a good PSU however I prefer this Xclio as it has another rail.

Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 650W ATX12V 650W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

Xclio are made by the same people that make Antec so they are the same quality pretty much.

650W is way to much for your system you would be better off with a 550W leaves you room to upgrade and will save you a small amount of cash which you could spen to get the 320gb hdd

That rosewill model has been said to be very good....incredibly stable rails. There really isn't a benefit to the person for having more rails than one large rail. It was just something as a safety measure that companies were told to stop doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom