Error on restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Hey there, I think I may have a serious problem with my computer. I haven't had any problems whatsoever, so I'm sort of confused how this happened. Anyway, to the problem, I restarted my computer and an error came up, it said that C:\WINDOWS\system32\config was missing or corrupted, and that I should go to windows repair, so I decided to restart my computer and another error came up saying that <windows root>\system32\hal.dll was missing and that i needed to copy it. So I restarted my computer to go to windows repair, but I decided to just restart the computer 1 more time and I logged in just fine. I didn't repair any file or anything. I'm afraid to turn off my computer now heh. I'm really confused.

Could you elucidate it to me? So far I understood that now your pc works fine, but you are afraid to restart not to "execute" those problems again. I quite disagree with your opinion, cause what may prompted the files to be executed this time, it happens 1 to 3000 times, you should take off that obsession and either restart your computer cause big problems may encounter if it's opened for more than 5 days without restarting, or restore them if you have a back up point.

I acutally restarted my computer shortly after I started the thread. Upon restart, there were no errors, but I made a copy of the window root anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom