Strange Problem - Cannot get mp3 or wma files to play but wav files will play..read

Status
Not open for further replies.

afulls04

Solid State Member
Ok this is a strange problem I ran into while trying to help a friend fix his computer. He has alot of downloaded audio files that he has paid for threw a few different sources. Some of which or .rax files I know all about those. Yet the remainder of the audio files are just plain mp3 or wma files. When you click on any of these files to play it or open these files in Winamp or Windows Media Player , it will recognize the track name and display that but makes no attempt at playing the track (as in no relapsed time etc). I tried converting one of the mp3s to a wav file and it played just fine. So I know that the actual file does have the audio in it and its not corrupted I just for the life of me cannot figure out why these files will not play. I have updated both drivers and software. Does anyone have any suggestions , has anyone had this problem before , does anyone know how to fix this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Re: Strange Problem - Cannot get mp3 or wma files to play but wav files will play..re

Reinstall windows. Or use alternative players. VLC does music too. MusicKube
and lots of others.

Try reinstalling WMP and winamp. Or maybe those songs are DRM'd which will only play under certain circumstances.

Re: Strange Problem - Cannot get mp3 or wma files to play but wav files will play..re

Itunes seems to be the best player for me, but i dont think its free..

Thanks for the replies..

I have tried other music players...It is something to do with the actual .mp3's

They are recognized in every player but never actual attempt to play?

I still cannot get this problem fixed does anyone have any other suggestions on what may be wrong and how to fix it? There has to be a way to fix this issue without having to reformat or reinstall windows.

I still cannot get this problem fixed does anyone have any other suggestions on what may be wrong and how to fix it? There has to be a way to fix this issue without having to reformat or reinstall windows.

upload one of those songs through yousendit.com. post the link here so we can analyze it

try using audacity to open the mp3's, and maybe export them as mp3's again. mite work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom