x2 3600

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a brisbane X2 3600 and a Windsor X2 4200.

The Windsor and Manchester don't overclock nearly as well as the Brisbanes do becuase they are on 65nm....the X2 3600 is truly one **** of a chip for the cash.

What are your temps?

hey nagasama those temps are suitable enough. They say anything about 60 and under is fine.

Could you lap it and your cooler for a few more temp drop maybe?

nagasama I'm getting my stuff on tuesday, possibly later ;/
So I guess I'll be asking you questions..

Ya think you can help me a little bit?

sure thing.
about the temps, i just dont think that my readings are accurate. i think that core temp is probably closer than everest. core temp shows like 20* while playing bf2.
oh, yeah....it also games like a champ and has no hitches or stutters when playing bf2. which is on occasion an overclock-sensitive application.
sora is right i have a winnie 4200 and brisbane 3600.
rich_frankilin:
there are several things to try. first, make sure your ht multiplier is set down to 4 (at least). for high overclocks you will have to set it to 3. this is the HT multi, not the cpu multi. this is likely your problem, as most amd's do not like a ht link over about 1000. so, if you go over 250, you need to set it to at least 4 (250 x 4=1000). i usually just set it to three, it does impact super pi time a little, but thats about it. not really a noticable difference.
second, take your ram down a notch, run it at a speed below its rated. ie if it is ddr 400, run it at ddr 333.
what mobo do you have?

i rmaed my video card last tuesday, and it said that it was recieved on friday..
hmm whenever that comes back, the Ocing will begin..
Here is what I have so we can compare so far..

3600+ Brisbane
Coolermaster 5 Centurion
650w PSU (Newegg.com - Broadway Com Corp Okia-black-650 ATX 650W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL , UL , CSA - Retail)
Tforce550
Gskill 2gig (NQ)
Big typhoon
and the Zalman VGA cooler
all with Zalman Thermal grease, artic adhesive.

Hey question, when I put the adhesive on my VGA ram, should I take off the original adhesive? (The padded white adhesive) so its just the metal heatsink part touching the ram?

Could you lap it and your cooler for a few more temp drop maybe?

i wouldn't lap an IHS. you're much better off just removing it. removing it will give better results and if you reattach it it's still RMA-able. whereas you won't be able to RMA a chip with a lapped IHS and there is probably more chance of things going wrong i.e uneven lap giving worse temperatures, it's easier to bend or snap pins etc.

that's a mighty impressive overclock!!! see if you can get a hold of a temperature sensor to read between the edge of the HSF and the IHS or use an infrared thermometer to read the HSF temperature for a better indication of temps. other than that you can stretch it out to see if it's unstable. i'd say it's probably a glitch given how stable it seems. if you want to take a gamble on stripping the chip's IHS though that would probably give you a good indication on why the temperature is reading so high.

heres the update.
bout all i can do with the ol' abit. she's done me proud.
3600.jpg

will try the evga 590 tommorow perhaps, will get it to 3.15 at least i am fairly certain. and will also try to run my ram a little faster, or at least shoot the timings down to 4-4-4-12.
also, disregard the 32m time, that was an old one from my 4200. the others are all from the 3600.
ps, lol by the way... i can get it up to 3.3 with clock gen.
stable? meh. BSOD lol. crashes just before i can snap the screenshot of cpuz. woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom