summer build, what do you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also going to be building a computer this summer. I have been planning to get the following graphics card:

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

It's two dollars more after rebate and seems to have better clock and memory speeds. However, it doesn't have Directx 10 and I don't know about the pixel pipelines. I was wondering how the two would compare...

Also, I am planning to get this motherboard:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

It's three dollars more, but it is SLI compatible. It also doesn't have onboard video (is it really necessary?).

I'm still learning a lot so any advice is well appreciated.

I'm also going to be building a computer this summer. I have been planning to get the following graphics card:

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

It's two dollars more after rebate and seems to have better clock and memory speeds. However, it doesn't have Directx 10 and I don't know about the pixel pipelines. I was wondering how the two would compare...

Also, I am planning to get this motherboard:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

It's three dollars more, but it is SLI compatible. It also doesn't have onboard video (is it really necessary?).

I'm still learning a lot so any advice is well appreciated.

If you're going to be playing any of the new games coming out i'd recommend getting an 8 series card for DX10 compatibility (although you would have to have Vista to use DX10 the cards will still work under Windows XP).

As for the motherboard, onboard video is not that important, but good to have incase you video card goes out so that you can atleast continue using the computer.

Yea, newegg's reviews do have a reputation for being wrong, especially with motherboards.

edit: I just looked at the gigabyte website, and the CPU support list for that motherboard, does list the X2 3600+ Brisbane:
GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - CPU Support List

I see now that you mention it, i must have looked over it. The only problem i can see now is that the motherboard would ship with the F2 BIOS and not work with the Brisbane to atleast let me install windows and update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom