Building an overclockable cheap computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick_tech15

Daemon Poster
Hi, i will be building a new computer to help me with editing video and such. I am confused about the diference between the 6300 and the 4300 conroes. Can any one give me some parts i could use for a good overclocking system for under a grand? thanks

The difference between the e6300 and e4300, is that the 4300 is an Allendale. And it has a 800MHz FSB, compared to the 6300's 1066MHz FSB.

which one do you think would be faster overall after a decent overclock? also, what mobo would be good? sry, I took a long break on computer technology :)

well if your budget is sub $800 then you may be better off with an amd system but the e6300 will get you better clocks the e6400 is suppose to be the best at overclocking and now there is the e6420 (which in the uk is actually cheaper then the e6400) the 20 at the end just means that it has 4mb memory cache instead of 2mb

^Yea....you can get an X2 3600+ Brisbane, and take it to 2.8GHz-3.0GHz. And it's only $73.

well id like to get an intel machine
will the extra 2 mb of cache make a difference?
also how about the mobo?
yay 666 posts

personally I love the abit AW9D-max. the extra 2 mb doesnt make much a difference from what I understand the memory is used to perform predicted tasks ahead of schedule for example when doing video editing tasks the cpu can follow the structure which is saved on the memory cache allowing the next job to b processed instantly after the last was finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom