need alterinitive method of un-zipping passworded RAR files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymaster16

Solid State Member
thanks in advance to anyone that reads/responds to this.

ok i just downloaded this RAR file off of bittorrent and found it was password protected, the txt file diretced me to a site that i had to pay to get the pass word...like **** i'll do that

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE! give/show me a way to get around this.

again thanks in advance.

(ps sorry if this isn't in the right forum)

there are some programs like ARCHPR

Advanced Archive Password Recovery (or ARCHPR) is a program to recover lost or forgotten passwords to archives (compressed files) of the following types:

- ZIP/PKZip/WinZip
- ARJ/WinARJ
- ACE/WinACE (1.x)
- RAR/WinRAR

The key features of ARCHPR are:

- The program has a convenient user interface
- The program is very fast: for ZIP, brute-force attack speed is up to fifteen million passwords per second on modern CPUs like Pentium 4 (Prescott)
- Guaranteed decryption (usually, within the hour) of many WinZip archives (created in versions 8.0 and below, with 5+ encrypted files) is available; it works regardless the password complexity and length
- The program can work with archives containing only one encrypted file
- Archives created by various software packages are supported
- Self-extracting archives are supported
- The program is customizable: you can set the password length (or length range), the character set to be used to generate the passwords, and a couple of other options
- You can select the custom character set for brute-force attack (non-English characters are supported)
- Dictionary-based attack (with word mutations) is available
- The "brute-force with mask" attack is available
- Very fast known-plaintext attack is available (ZIP and ARJ only)
- You can interrupt the program at any time, and resume from the same point later
- The program can work in the background, using the CPU only when it is in idle state

its pretty good but it is very cpu intensive so you better have a good cpu to use brute force method.

delete it. it is more likely to be a virus.

you don't want to pay for a virus. this is the new trick. you will be forever trying to crack a rar password that has more than 4 characters

if it is a password file then he problaly downloaded some pr0n. If you want free pr0n just use puretna instead

the new torrent trick is to have you download password protected rar files, where you have to a site to get the password. when you get it, it will be a dummy file or a virus

really what else could it be here is his scenario,
1.downloads file from index site such as isohun, or btmon hixh are full of fake and dupe torrents
2.its really really slow.
3.he fianlly finishes and realizes it has a password
4.he asks at the site where he got it rom for the password
5.he doesnt wanto delete it because it took a long time to download
6.he finally removes password and receives virus,trojan,broken file, a big empty file, or is he's luck the actual vid, but.... the uploader forgot to use unDRM to remove the DRM, and he opens file and is taken to the website where it tells him to buy liscence for file.

Well thanks for the app, but for some reason it says out of virtual memory when I run brute-force, also I know what a brute-force attack is, but what do the others mean and how do I use them?

Oh and thanks for the site, but the RAR in question is just some translated mangas

thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom