summer build, what do you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure that the board supports it, Gigabyte's CPU list dosent state that it does.

But as far as that goes do you see it as a good value system? DX10, dual core, onboard video (backup), and IEEE 1394 and decent onboard sound.

There are a couple of reviews, mentioning using a 3600 Brisbane with this motherboard. Also if you are going to do a bit of gaming, go for the 8600GT.

i would like to go for the 86GT but i'm trying to keep it under $500 without shipping, plus, i dont mind to turn down the settings some so it doesnt really bother me and most of the games i will be playing (CS:S, DoW, L4D) shouldnt be much trouble for that card.

Oh, can you link me to some of those reviews?? I've had a hard time finding any.

oh, you were talking about newegg reviews i though you meant reviews by other sites.

Well, the only reason i dont trust that is because there is a more expensive version of the board that DOES support the brisbanes and that person could have selected the wrong board when adding their comments. I'd rather play it safe and have a CPU that i know will work with the board than have one that doesnt (in which i would be screwed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom