Small Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Newegg.com - ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard - Retail

If you look at the pictures, there are 2 small slots next to the PCI-E 16x.
What are those? The PCI-E 8x?

Do I need a Raid Controller if I am getting two raptors? The specs on the mobo says that it already has a raid controller. Would you recommend I get an aftermarket one?

"PCI Express x16 2 x PCI Express x16 slot,support NVIDIA SLI technology,at full x16,x16 speed(blue)
1 x PCI Express x16, at x8 speed(middle)
PCI Express x1 1
PCI Slots 2
Other Slots SupremeFX Audio Card Slot "

Those are the specs..

Would this work?

PCI-E x 16 ill put : two x2900
PCI-E x 16 (at x8): USB addition.
PCI Sound Card
PCI Tv Tuner

Or would there be a better order to this?
Or should I scap the USB addition and get a PhysX card?
I'm going to post my rig soon...

Striker is a waste of money completley...it in no way performs better than even the 110 buck 650i. However I suggest just the 680i regular over it becuase it natively supports 1333 FSB and with a build like that you might as well.

You do not need a RAId controller at all ever really if the board supports RAID already.

The specs seem wrong as those look like 2x PCI-E x 1 slots to me.

Looks like

3 PCI E X 16 (one operates at 8x)
2 PCI E x 1
2 PCi Slots

Sound cards are one PCI as are junky physics cards. Don't get a physics card as the 8800GTX's have one built in.

yes 2 raptors will work, no 2 radeon x2900s is crossfire (not SLI) if u want crossfire get an ABIT Ab9 pro (it also supports SLI with hacked drivers) physx cards are a waste of 300$ so get more usb ports if u need em'

I think that other PCI E x 1 looking this is this extreme audiop slot which probably will never used or useful.

I didn't see you wanted to SLI 2900's and therefore you will want one that is crossfire like the P5B Deluxe or something.

2 years is one **** of a time to plan ahead man...just wait until then or close to it becuase with this type of field you can NEVER be sure whats going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom