8600GT and 8500GT out today on newegg!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but the 8800GTS is really only about 1/3rd slower than the GTX at max. I'm just saying that the 8600GTS isn't 1/4th a GTX is all for about 3/7ths the price lmao.

The 640mb version doesn't help untill 1600x1200 really where as people wouldnt try to use an 8600GTs and expect good frames anyway...and it still doesn't make that much of a difference.

The GTS is midrange while the others are lower.

OK, but which do i choose the x1950pro or 8600 gt (not gts) when i wanna play Halo 2 Vista (DX10 game btw) in which it performs better in the game as little lag as possible cuz i need a new PC for AP Multimedia next year so help... so waiting for R600 or the x2000 series is out of the question

Can't help you much out there as halo 2 hasn't come out for pc yet. The best i can guess is the 8600's will play it on mid settings probably.

OK, but which do i choose the x1950pro or 8600 gt (not gts) when i wanna play Halo 2 Vista (DX10 game btw) in which it performs better in the game as little lag as possible cuz i need a new PC for AP Multimedia next year so help... so waiting for R600 or the x2000 series is out of the question

8600GT is slightly slower than X1950pro, get X1950pro if you don't plan to overclock.

Why do you think that Halo 2 will lag with 8600GT ? Halo 2 is just an Xbox game, and I don't think it will be so demanding.

i'm not saying it will lag, i'm saying (well asking) which would perform better on a dx10 game help me here! cuz i need to buy the card by the end of wednesday!

i'm not saying it will lag, i'm saying (well asking) which would perform better on a dx10 game help me here! cuz i need to buy the card by the end of wednesday!

WELL, since the 8600GTS seems to be a DX10 card, I would hope it would perform better on DX10 games than a card that only supports DX9......sorry for the sarcastic response...its one of those mornings....

*any word or screenshots or video on halo 2 for pc??

EXACTLY!!!!

Why get an 8600GTS when it will struggle to play DX10 games while you can get an X1950XT for the same price that will pretty much kill most games today.

I mean DX10 is nice to have but by the time it hits mainstream your going to want a more powerful card then as the 8600GTS is around an X1950PRO right now which is mid-range and plays games at 1280x968 with medium graphics. I mean what are you going to expect from DX10 and Crysis then....Low graphics 50 FPS? Just get the most FPS for your buck right now and worry more about DX10 when games actually use it.

well really no one has used it for dx10 gaming yet therefor how can u say is not powerful. no one really nos how it will hold up on dx10. i mean sayin tha it will struggle sounds like an of the wall statement. although it might be likely to happen its still a rough estimate. noboy nos how well a dx9 card will perform on dx10 games

with the cryengine 2, yes it may dig really deep into new ardware but can easily be optimized for lower pc's an fill itself in where is needed.

This might be a little off topic but I read that sometime in april/may nvidia was going to release the 8900GTX and 8950? Do those rumors hold any weight? Again I'm sorry if I went off topic.

This might be a little off topic but I read that sometime in april/may nvidia was going to release the 8900GTX and 8950? Do those rumors hold any weight? Again I'm sorry if I went off topic.

No thats not off topic.....and im not sure on the approximate date for those cards, but i know they will destroy all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom