Graphics Card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardock

Beta member
I've just installed a palit 7900gs on my computer but the colors are all wrong everything is working but there seems to be no red what so ever.

I've tried fiddling around with the color settings but red isn't detected has anyone had a similar problem or has any idea why this is happening?

I thought it was my psu but I've hooked up my old computer to run my hard drives while leaving the new psu dedicated fully to the graphics card and the pci-e slot and it still sucks. Could it be because I have a bad psu (omni 500w) do you think the problem would be solved if I bought an antec powertrio 550w?

What video card did you have installed PRIOR to getting the 7900GS?
Did you remove the previous card's drivers BEFORE installing the 7900GS?
Have you upgraded the drivers on the 7900GS to the most recent (stable) drivers?
Have you tried a different monitor and/or DVI/VGA cable to ensure that it isn't a problem with the monitor or the video cable?

Thanks for the reply Dragon

It's a new computer I haven't had any other card except this one and I have installed the latest drivers. I even contacted customer support and they asked me to download a certain driver which didn't work.

My best guess would be it's a hardware issue. Exactly what though, I have no idea. If I was a betting man I'd say it had something to do with the power it's receiving, but I'm not too sure about that. Isn't there a program I can download to run a diagnostic check?

Oh and the monitor works fine on my other computer so I've ruled it out as being the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom