$1000 Challenge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a $1000 budget system on newegg a little while ago, since it is a common budget. Its actually about $970 so with shipping it would be right on $1000 almost.

Wish list details

Its got everything except the monitor. Which means keyboard, mouse, speakers, and even the OS (stay with xp for right now to save yourself some head aches with vista ;)). Also included a zalman 9500 for overclocking.

I havn't posted a public build before but it should work...i hope.

I got Vista Premium Home for Students (Same exact thing just fancy price) for just $85. Sweetness if you ask me. 8800GTS, DX10 capable O.S... I'm golden baby.

Think AMD will get you better cheaper everyone will disagree Im sure but AMD has recently Released A few models of the athlon64X2 that R actually FX series cpu's with a way cheaper price the 5200X2, 5600X2 and 6000X2 are all FX clones. I used the most demanding cpu test I could think of which is 3DMARK06's cpu test and heres the result CPU Charts | Tom's Hardware
The 5200X2 is not on this test but did my own research and it comes in about 50 points behind the E6600 on this test but is $65 dollars cheaper at newegg at $169 at newegg.The 5600X2 which performs better than the E6600 and its $50 dollars cheaper at $185 at newegg and the 6000X2 is only $6 cheaper at $229 at newegg but this benchmark has it outperfoming the E6600 by almost 10%. Besides the a high end motherboard for the amd will be about $50 less. My specs r here Gaming computer, good price,Nvidia 8800,Nforce sli,sale,Dual core,3dmar06 score ordered the earthquake gaming platform but upgraded the video card to the 8800 640meg everything else I left alone scoring over 10,000 on 3DMARK06 with just my single 8800gts ;)

You do know that the E6600 will easily hit 3.2ghz with crappy ram and stock volts and thus destroy an AMD right? Back when the prices were so different I could actually say AMD at this price range was a very good choice but now that Intel have slashed the E6600 it is the best choice.

You do know that the E6600 will easily hit 3.2ghz with crappy ram and stock volts and thus destroy an AMD right? Back when the prices were so different I could actually say AMD at this price range was a very good choice but now that Intel have slashed the E6600 it is the best choice.

you R correct sora the E6600 will overclock easily and the amd 5600x2 will hit the same 3.2ghz yes the E6600 will out performe the 5600X2 at the same speed but its still $50 cheaper and the mobo is actually about $75 cheaper for the amd dont think their is a $125 perfomance difference and if you dont plan on O.C.ing the amd is the clear choice

You do know that the E6600 will easily hit 3.2ghz with crappy ram and stock volts and thus destroy an AMD right?
Easily?
Only if you pay for an overclocking motherboard.
Oh, sure. Just overclock this one chip a whole lot. That's a really fair comparision.

I'm liking the Kuma's though. a 2.9GHZ chip at STOCK, with an IPC of 4 (same as conroe), but also with a 4GHZ HTT bus, shared L3 cache, improved prefetching and cache latencies, a 4th instruction decoder, the ability to read and write to RAM at the same time, and a whole bunch of other improvements.

There are very cheap OC'ing motherboards that will hit 3.2 on an E6600...theres a Gigabyte 945 board that will do it.

an E6600 upped about 400mhz will beat the X2 5200...considering I've seen these chips hit 4.0ghz on air it's not a "whole lot"

Well stock yes the 6000 is what I would go for...someone just said that 5200 was faster when both were stock and I was saying that even that was true but after a mild overclock it beat the 6000.

If your not overclocking at all then the X2 6000 is a good choice...however still you wouldn't need any expensive parts to be them..or have to raise anything from stock volts even is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom