I Just Spent $1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I finally ordered the parts for my PC. They are the same as in my signature except I got a 160GB Maxtor instead of 200GB to save costs. I also had to forgo things like an illuminated keyboard and mouse to stay in my price range. I do have a very good setup comming, though. I just hope everything comes in the way I want it.

Looks a lot like what I'd like to do! Where did you get everything if you don't mind me asking.

A combination of newegg, tigerdirect, and a few sites on Pricewatch. On Pricewatch, however, you may not always get the price something is advertised at. Also, on tigerdirect, shipping and handling is outrageos. The only reason I ordered there is because they were out of my products at Newegg.

why did you get an ATA133 hard disk?, that's ridiculous. you will slow down your wicked fast processor.

why did you get an ATA133 hard disk?, that's ridiculous. you will slow down your wicked fast processor.

I ordered it to cut costs. My RAM, monitor, and graphics card hit me hard in the wallet. I totally cleared out my bank account ordering that stuff. I can always upgrade later.

ekÆsine said:

Ridiculous? Thats a harsh thing to say, especially since modern operating systems aren't even using the full capacity of ATA-133 yet. Is SATA better? Yes. But is ATA-133 that bad, definately not, at least according to about everybody I know whose tried them both.

beedubaya no, I'm not recommending a cheapo POS 7,200RPM SATA. I'm talking about 15,000 RPM SATA like the Cheetah X15.3 or 15K SCSI Ultra320 . Either of those compared to ATA133 with 8MB cache is PATHETIC. Your priorities are all wrong man. In your pursuit of getting the fastest components available you still ended up choosing something that is not much faster than a computer built at half that cost. I guess being totally bankrupt is punishment enough. I know this seems mean & rude beedubaya, but what you are trying to do is the very definition of ghetto: living outside of your means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom