x2 3600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey all.
got my new 3600 yesterday and have it installed (actaully using it now).
i have a question:
my bios is reading a 60*C temp on the cpu.
everest reads 57*C on cpu
core temp reads 10* on core 0, 8* on core 1.
yes, my hsf is seated properly (i have removed/reinstalled it on my 4200 loads of times).
it seems i have read somewhere about bios issues with temp readings on these 65nm chips. obviously, i do not want to increase the vcore without knowing if i have a glitch. the vcore is only 1.3, if everything is kosher (ie not a bad chip) there is no way it should be running 60*.
anybody have any input?
anyway i can be certain its not running that hot (besides waiting for it to start smoking, lol)?

preliminaries are impressive.
got 315 fsb at stock voltage.
thats right kids, a 63% increase
(315 x 9.5 = 2.9925).
i'm gonna let it burn in a day at 265 x 9.5 = 2.5175 with ht multi at 4x, which gives ht link of 1060. Ram is set to auto at the moment, running at ddr2-667,
418 MHz, 5-5-5-18-23-1T.
after a day or so i will up fsb to 315. then i will try to push past that with a small voltage increase, then when its maxed, see how fast my ram will go.
i am not really concerned with the temps at the moment, as everest is saying almost 60*c, and my hsf and heatpipes are cool to the touch. i think i have a glitch in my bios because of the 65nm chip.
315...thats 15MHz increase in fsb over my 4200's top (and it was unstable without a lot of work) with NO VOLTAGE INCREASE.
pretty impressive indeed boy-o's...for a 65 dollar cpu.
i also still have the evga 590 mobo, and i may actually switch it out again with my abit and see if i can really get this thing to cook. i know i got over 15 fsb increase on my 4200 with it...so if i have the same luck with this chip, that would put me at 330 x 9.5 = 3.135.
and that is very impressive, indeed.
even if i cant break 3.0 ( i think i will), or get -30 sec in super pi...i think i will keep this chip because i know it is running MUCH cooler than my 4200 would be at the same overclock.
i'll use the 4200 for my mom's upcoming build.

Very nice man. Can't you put it at 316 for 3.0ghz? lol I mean that 2.992 is just funny.

See if you can't put it up a few more FSB but yea this just shows that the X2 3600 is an amazing chip for the price.

Very nice man. Can't you put it at 316 for 3.0ghz? lol I mean that 2.992 is just funny.

See if you can't put it up a few more FSB but yea this just shows that the X2 3600 is an amazing chip for the price.

316 and it hangs. hangs at 318, hangs at 325. but dude, it is using 1.30v... i know....3.0GHz..my white whale. i will figure it out, in any case i will get it in a couple days. for now, i will see how it games, and report back.

Your temps are probably very low. I hate how my cpu can read 40+ degrees celcius but when I touch my big typhoons heatpipes, heatsink, or even cpu block; they are cool to the touch.

Congrats on the rediculous overclock. Now thats a true price to performance ratio.

nagasama I'm getting my stuff on tuesday, possibly later ;/
So I guess I'll be asking you questions..

Ya think you can help me a little bit?

wtf?! I got to 255 fsb with 9 multiplier on my x2 3800. It's unstable at 260 mhz. I'd go higher vcore but everest reads 60 C on load.

wtf?! I got to 255 fsb with 9 multiplier on my x2 3800. It's unstable at 260 mhz. I'd go higher vcore but everest reads 60 C on load.

which one do u have Windsor or Manchester? uz i wouldn't be surprised that happened with a Windsor, oh nagasama do u have windsor or brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom