8600GTS on this PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should work but that's cutting it close. I would recommend something better than 8600GTS for the money but then you would have to upgrade your PSU.

I guess go with one but if worst comes to worst expect to pay another 37 bucks for an Xclio 450BL that will handle it fine.

This is off topic but if I get an 8600GT will that overclock to GTS speeds? I also noticed that the GTS needs a PCI-E power connector while the GT doesn't, but they both recommend the same thing for power supplies..

The GT will overclock to GTS speeds probable yes. I'm not so sure about why it needs a PCI-E connector if they are rated the same amps really.

That psu is close but will work my system in my sig has slightly higher power requirements and runs fine but I am going to mod my system with lights and fans soon so I am buying a 550W to be on the safe side :D

The 8600GTS only requires 70 watts according to NVIDIA. Then you're looking at about 65 watts for the 3600+ 65nm. One hard drive is about 25 watts. An optical drive is about 20 watts. Ram 20 watts per stick. 3 watts per 120mm case fan. USB devices about 5 watts each...

The 430 watt PSU is more then enough.

Problem you'll face though is that PSU only has (1) 18a rail and you're bound to have stability issues. If you're talking about overclocking, you should heavily consider dual, trio or quad rails. at least 18 a each. See, if you're planning on overclocking your CPu or ram to save a bit of money on the CPU, then you'll need to spend a bit more on a quality PSU.

Amperage is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom