Microsoft admits Vista failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
Check out this article: Microsoft admits Vista failure

I am planning on getting a new laptop on Monday. Should I get XP or Vista? I am going to be a computer engineer next year, so I am going to be using it a lot and I need it to be stable. Right now, I am leaning towards XP.

Vista is not a failure, the theinquirer always give a fake news. Everyone knows that theinquirer is untrustful source

I am planning on getting a new laptop on Monday. Should I get XP or Vista?

My sister have laptop with vista home premium and in my opinion it is much better than XP

I would definitely get vista if I were you

I'd rather get XP. It's more stable IMO. Seems like a lot of ppl have been having some problems with vista, such as driver issues.

Read the article...didn't believe a bit of it TBO =\.

Why do you think that XP is more stable ? Have you tried vista
No, I have not tried Vista. XP is more stable IMO because it has more support available to it. You can find drivers easily for 3rd party hardware/software easier than you can with Vista.

My sister have core 2 duo T7200, 1GB ram, and geforce go 7400, and vista runs without any problem.
Well thats fine for her, but I'm talking other software (i.e. not pre-installed) and 3rd party hardware (i.e. webcams I've heard problems with drivers and such).

I don't intend to even consider upgrading to Vista until: a) I absolutely HAVE to where they don't support XP anymore, like they recently did with Win98, and b) it's more stable.

But that's just my opinion, and you have your own as well =).

Hello,

I disagree entirely with that article.

Also, stability and compatibility are two different things. So, not being able to find a specific device driver in Windows Vista is a compatability / hardware support issue, not stability.

Windows Vista is stable. Based on my experience so far on all my systems, not one crash, lockup or system error. In addition, Vista is also more secure than Windows XP.

My opinion? Go for Vista.

vista is better than xp for many reasons, over time driver compatibility will be good, people bashed xp for a while after it was first released, the article is bs and I would definetely go with vista.

-better memory management & snappier performance
-better security & firewall
-dx-10 and aero

Man, we just bought a lab of new laptops at the school. Brand new, Vista installed out of the box, but there were so many driver issues (keep in mind, Vista was PRE-INSTALLED) and domain-joining issues (Windows 2003 Standard) that we backported to XP. We wasted about a month trying to get Vista to work.

The Inquirer is already calling Vista ME II and I agree wholeheartedly.

-better memory management & snappier performance
768MB idle RAM usage with Aero is BETTER MEMORY MANAGEMENT? Dang, man, Tiger idles with 196MB, with Expose and Dashboard on. And it's only snappy if you have the newest hardware.

-better security & firewall
As long as they keep building on the same broken tower, it won't ever get better.

-dx-10 and aero
DX10 was so broken they've already had to release a patch and Aero guzzles sys resources for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom