need some help with making a new gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappos_89

Beta member
Hi
Currently ive been doing some research in making a new gaming Computer with overclocking possibilities with a budget up to $2000 preferably <$1850
So far this is what ive come up with :)
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe (reason because of quicker 3dsmax rendering times:))
Mobo
Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3(V3.3) motherboard (reason looked cool ... more compatibility i think more scope for upgrades.) link
HTML:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2453&ProductName=GA-965P-DQ6
Ram
4x1G A-DATA 800 6400 (Reason so its quick)( will my mobo support 4 ram cards?)
Graphics Card
Asus 8800 GTS (320mb version)(wanna b able to play oblivion with high eye candy:)
DVD RW
Pioneer DVDRW 16X (Reason dvd better then cd)
Hard Drive
Seagate SATA 400G (cheap and big)

Grand total of $1844
Do i need to wory about a sound card? i think it said somthing about it being integrated in with the Mobo? Also how big a power supply do i need? and any case recconmendations would be apprecieated...... and did i miss any important parts and are all the parts compatible?? thanks in advance for helpin:)

Ok, the cpu and mobo are fine, same with the ram (and yes your mobo can support 4 cards). The 8800 GTS is quite a good card, you should be able to get some awesome gameplay with that! I dont think you have anything to worry about actually. As to how big your power supply needs to be, i would get a 500 watt. Doesnt need to be bigger than that. The only thing i would add is a good sound system and monitor (but im presuming u already have those)

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5 this will tell you wattage requirements but not amperage, you need to do a bit of research for that. Go for an E6600. the E6700 is not fast enough to warrant increase in price. Don't know why you need 4 GB ram but more power to you if you want to. if you really want upgradability the 680i is awesome. check specs in sig, i run oblivion on max settings (12x10) with very little lag right after loading, it looks absolutely wonderful.
Note: floppy drives are dirt cheap and useful for bios updates.
Seems good.

4GB is OVERKILL on a gaming computer. 2Gb is still ideal...**** actually 1.5 would be perfect if people didn't just use 1 or 2 with systems for dual channel heh.

The E6600 can be overclocked to 3.5ghz easily with that motherboard....

Where are you ordering from? As for the PSU You want a good 500-550w I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom