I have 300w, video card needs minimum of 400w, what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Summary
So I've asked around the forums about the GeForce 7600 GS 512 mb and how much power supply it needs and you guys said my 300w would be alright. I looked in their website and it had nothing about the 400w requirements until I received it right now.

My Computer: Sony VAIO PCV rs 430g

Cliff Notes:
  • If I do have to buy a new powersupply which one should I buy?
  • Will any powersupply work with any computers?
  • Is this power supply good? Will it work on/ with my computer specs? (my comp requires: The power requirement of the computer is 100-120V 4.7A (50/60Hz)) Click here to view
  • Since my harddrive is ATA100 does SATA connectors on a power supply work or not?
  • My computer doesn't have PCI Express and that power supply specifically mentions it, so will it not work or what?
  • When I'm on new egg I see many different types of Power Supplies, which ones will work for my PC?

Here is a birdview of my computer
comp3wq5.jpg

A little bit closer
comp1sh1.jpg

My power supply only has one extra of this thing. If I put it on my video card then I wont be able to get another harddrive as I planned to, any idea what should I do?
comp2sq4.jpg

If you install the card, the computer will either not boot or become very unstable. I highly suggest you get at least 500watts to make sure everything is safe. As for the brands, lets see what the others have to say.

a. Buy this one.
b. Any ATX power supply should fit in an ATX case, instead you need to look at wattage.
c. That power supply is a definite "NO NO". It doesn't even have a six pin connector for video cards.
d. Power supply's usually come with a sufficient number molex connector so a SATA power line won't be in use for a ATA.
e. Your PC only has pci and agp slots. pci express will DEFINITELY NOT WORK.
f. Anything in this catagory should work.
g. Also dust out your pc, it will improve your performance and lower temperatures.

use a can of air or an air compressor to just blow the dust out. Also blow the fan in the power supply and a whole mess of dust should come out. Also, according to the ratings, the logisys should be the one to go with

deathawk said:
Trust me, get this power supply, it's better than anything I've seen in this thread as of now.

Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) ATX400-PA, version 2.0, SATA, 400W Power Supply - OEM

Can someone confirm this? I'll have my research for the next 24 hours before purchasing anything again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom