psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those brands are reliable. You want to look at Fortron (FSP), Antec, HIPER, Corsair, etc...

Did you read the sticky on power supplies by Ste?

I just saw that Cooler Master PSU, you talking about:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Real Power RS-450-ACLY ATX12V 450W Power Supply 115/230 V Nemko, TUV, cUL, CE, CNS - Retail
looks ok....I think if you wanted a blue LED PSU, probably thats the one you should go for. But if this is for lighting, can't you just get some blue cold cathodes?....because you already have a good PSU, in the sig.

lol I know the good brands and one of those psu's listed in my original link is hiper :) I like the look of the most expensive kingwin one but have never heard of it before. The psu is to add to the colour scheme I am getting new sata ide fans psu adding lights and modding a window into the top of my mystic case :D

The psu in my sig is borderline it is an old model and a low wattage if it was a bad brand I think it would break within a year

Xclio 500w on the egg for 49.99

It's a very nice PSU for the money. Much better than generic brands, one step below brands such as FSP pretty much. Performance meets quality in PSU's on a budget.

this is what I am getting then if no-one has any offers:

1xAkasa Rounded Ultra ATA133/100/66 IDE Cable (0.45m) - Blue Neon:
Stringhttp://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-035-GE

3xAkasa Serial ATA 45cm Blue EL Data Cable:
Akasa Serial ATA 45cm Blue EL Data Cable

1xCoolermaster RS-550-ACLY Real Power Pro 550W Power Supply
Coolermaster RS-550-ACLY Real Power Pro 550W Power Supply

3xDelta 60mm Focussed Flow Fan (EHE)
Delta 60mm Focussed Flow Fan (EHE)

3xFan Guard - 60mm (Chrome)
Fan Guard - 60mm (Chrome)

now all I need are some good neon or cold cathode lights..... and a uv light

as far as I know coolermaster aren't that good for your money. If your not on a budget then the Corsair 520 or 620HX.

just look at the reviews on new egg, thats allways a good indication. And make sure you see some long term reviews, because a lot of reviews say my psu doesn't last 6 months, and i've had it for five, so im starting to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom