CRT on DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
I heard from many people that LCD lose visual quality when it is connected to an analog signals (such as VGA)

My question will CRT monitor lose visual quality if you connect it to DVI (digital signal) ?

I heard from many people that LCD lose visual quality when it is connected to an analog signals (such as VGA)

My question will CRT monitor lose visual quality if you connect it to DVI (digital signal) ?

how well are your eyes at looking at quality, if you are like the rest of us, VGA will only be slightly worse than DVI. But as rule of thumb, DVI is for LCDs and VGA performs better on CRTs. I assume you mean a DVI-to-VGA converter module, but still the quality change is minuscule.

I assume you mean a DVI-to-VGA converter module, but still the quality change is minuscule.

Yes I mean DVI-to-VGA converter

So there will be some quality change !!!

I want to get 8600GTS but the problem is that all of them are dual-DVI, they don't have VGA

Hello,

DVI-I is capable of handling both analogue and digital signals. DVI-D can only handle digital signals while DVI-A can only handle analogue signals.

There won't be any quality change. Using it with an analogue monitor (in this case, your CRT), would be just the same as if you were using a VGA cable. You'll only achieve a digital signal if you use DVI in conjunction with a digital display like an LCD TFT (which supports digital signal input).

If you were to use a VGA to DVI converter to connect your CRT monitor to the DVI port on your your graphics card, then the signal will be analogue.

Well, if you look closely at pictures that show the DVI outputs of video cards, you will notice that they use DVI-I. This means that via one output they send out a digital signal as well as an analog. When you use a DVI to VGA adapter, you are actually only taking an existing signal putting it on a different pinout and connector.

There will be no quality difference.

EDIT: I see that Alvin beat me to it by seconds. Meh, we said the same thing anyways:D

Well, if you look closely at pictures that show the DVI outputs of video cards, you will notice that they use DVI-I. This means that via one output they send out a digital signal as well as an analog. When you use a DVI to VGA adapter, you are actually only taking an existing signal putting it on a different pinout and connector.

There will be no quality difference.

EDIT: I see that Alvin beat me to it by seconds. Meh, we said the same thing anyways:D

:p Makes it more credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom