Operating system not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

98smithg

Beta member
I'm getting this error upon booting ,i thought normally this is caused by corrupt boot sectors or damaged harddrive.so I tried to boot using windows cd and it still said the same error. I pluged the hard drive into a external usb dongle and it didnt detect ,so i got a new a hard drive. I'm still having the same problem windows cd wont boot it. The bios cant pick up the new hard drive. This is on a acer aspire 1360 notebook.

any idears? thanks in advance.

THe cd works fine, The harddrive is pretty much pluged strait into the motherboard theres no ide on the notebook.

Ok so i have found the bios isnt showing the cd either . What is the most likely thing that would cause the motherboard to stop detecting both hard drive and cd?. I belive they are on different Ide channels.
it could be a corrupt bios or somthing ,Is reseting the bios the same in a laptop as a pc? i usually just update the firmware to reset the bios but i cant boot .

I have an Acer Aspire 1362WLC. I formated the hard drive. Then I installed XP and started using the laptop. The fifth time I started I got the warning "Opersting System not found".
With the XP CD in the DVD reader the problem remains.
What can be wrong with my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom