£800 Rig - Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

aethzor

Solid State Member
I am looking to build a good gaming rig on a budget of £800, this is including everything, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.

It is my first build so I need a lot of help, I am asking for suggestions on some nice rigs. I am thinking a E6300 over clocked with 2GB of RAM. I have already purchased my video card 1950XT, this is included in the £800 budget.

Thanks a lot :D

off the top of my head:

mobo: asus p5n-e
cpu:e6320 or e6420 (wait a couple of weeks as these will be released)
Ram: g-skill 2x1gb
case: antec 900 (your choice really after all your the one who is stuck looking at it
psu: a good brand about 550w
hardrive: 320gb seagate barracuda
monitor: a hanns-g 19"
mouse/keyboard depends what kind of games you play and personal choice over looks
hsf: zalman 9700 or scythe ninja
artic silver thermal paste

this should all come to around £800 maybe slightly over good uk websites are:
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
dabs.com - PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players
Overclockers UK
and for parts on a tight budget then ebuyer.com

off the top of my head:

case: antec 900 (your choice really after all your the one who is stuck looking at it
mouse/keyboard depends what kind of games you play and personal choice over looks

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
Overclockers UK
Why is Ebuyer only suggested for a tight budget? they do a range of pc parts from the most basic AMD processor right up to the Quad core QX6700!! i wouldnt call that budget! lol

P.s id go with the Antec 900 case aswell, i have it and its very good in every way.

off the top of my head:

Overclockers UK

Cheers for the feedback i will research your spec. Further suggestions would be great. As for the new processors i was hoping to get some stuff going this weekend cuz ive been sitting on the idea for a month now, when are they coming out? Also the case is very expensive @ £70 cud i get a large basic looking case for cheaper with good cooling? i dont mind about the look of the case within reason.

thanks alot

£70 isnt really that expensive for a case, its best to have the best case you can afford, after all you dont want all your pc components inside an egg shell do you!? you want them protected and for the case to last, im not saying ALL cheaper case arent well built, there might be some good cheaper ones out there but i didnt want to risk it and went with the well known branded case

I made a mistake with my case as it has rubbish cooling th antec 900 is much better and cheap for what it is.

i suggested ebuyer for cheaper parts because they sometimes have the lowest prices for individual components but overall I prefer the others

ahh ok, i got my psu and Antec 900 case from Ebuyer, both next day delivery and came on time :D

So what I got so far (in my head);

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 1.86GHz - £114
Radeon 1950XT - £170
Antec 900 - £70

Still unsure about the rest, need an exact RAM because I don't know what to go for with that, so many different options.

Also I can save money on a small HDD because I have a 320GB external :D

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom