Help creating DVD and converting movie formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA01

Baseband Member
question for anyone who can help:

I have clips that I took using a digital camera, except one problem is it's all in .MOV format. I obviously figured out Windows Movie Maker doesn't support it though I have no idea why not.

So my question is, what is a good alternative way and if possible free (though I doubt it) to convert these pesky .MOV files to WMV or whatever.

After that I would also like to be able to put them on a DVD along with menus and what not. Is there any type of program out there that does all that? (hopefully cheap :)

so if anyone can help me in this department then much obliged. Thanks!

I have previously used Nero Vision to do things like this. Not Windows Movie Maker. I know that Nero Vision can take any format and burn them to DVD. It also includes a menu that you can customize. With music and animations and all that. I would try using Nero first before you convert them to try and use them with Movie Maker.;)

Ok, I'll give that a try, judging by what you say about it, it must be a good program. Thanks alot! Hopefully this works :)

Well i have used Nero to burn several DVDs this way. All of my Transformers Gneneration 1, Mythbusters, DBZ, among others. So it does work.;)

I use NeroVision to burn non-DVD video files to DVD (takes a few hours to transcode/burn, but I jus tleave it on overnight). If you just wanna convert them, I recommend using JetAudio. It's a media player, but it also has a built-in audio/video converter =D. And it is completely free/no limit on conversion =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom