Gaming Laptop...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
precisely and it even has a limited edition theme added I would say it had the upper hand on performance though with an intel t7400 but it doesn't have the graphics ability. I configured one of each the superman and aurora and the superman was $100 more

Or I could just get a PDA....

and then take the leftover cash and get an awesome desktop PC.

gaming laptops r to expensive for me... good luck with that. i would always recommend a tower pc though

I would shoot for an hp or a dell. While i wouldn't go with dell for a desktop, their laptops(from what i've seen) are pretty decent. You wont get a monster out of a laptop, but for about 1800 i think you can get something respectable that'll play most games and be light enough to carry around, with good battery life. Plus alienware tends to be WAAY overpriced.

Hello,

Personally, I agree with not getting the Alienware Aurora m9700. Firstly it is a desktop replacement meant for hardcore gamers. Heavy, large (due to it having a 17" screen) and battery runtime is only a little over 1 hour, at 50% LCD brightness and with wireless turned off.

If you haven't already looked, here's a detailed review: PC Perspective - Alienware Aurora m9700 Notebook with SLI and RAID

As a college student, 1 hour runtime is not enough for me. Even 2 hours 15 minutes on my previous laptop was not long enough for me. There are times when I have to rely on battery power (like when taking notes in lessons, and working in the library) and it's just not convenient nor sometimes possible for me to lug around and use a power adaptor.

For those reasons, in my opinion, I don't think it would be practical.

I would shoot for an hp or a dell. While i wouldn't go with dell for a desktop, their laptops(from what i've seen) are pretty decent. You wont get a monster out of a laptop, but for about 1800 i think you can get something respectable that'll play most games and be light enough to carry around, with good battery life. Plus alienware tends to be WAAY overpriced.

Well, Besides the fact that naturally a 'Build-Your-Own' community heavily dislikes manufactured PC's, which is respectable and something I fully understand.

But what makes the Dell Desktops so horrible? I looked a Dell XPS Desktop,

XPS 710 Product Details

Intel Duo-Core e6600 2.4ghz Processor
2gigs DDR2 Ram
160gb 7200rpm hdd
768mb nvidia geforce 8800gtx
etc...Seem to check out in my opinion.

Besides the fact that building your own computer can be cheaper, but also add the shipping and selection of all the different parts; the compatibility of the different parts. The trial and error process of setting up your computer's hardware and software....

EDIT: Gateway computers are as high performance if not better, lower price, and an factory overclocked Nvidia Geforce 8800gtx 768mb.

Generally Dell sucks on the customer support side of things, which is why most people dislike them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom