DAEMON Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Well i went thru that old PC i told u guys about (u no that one that had a Windows XP MC Edtion 2005 CD in it!! Score!!) well going thru the programs and junk, he has a program called DAEMONtools anyways do u guys no what it does and if it has spyware (or any bad malicious programs) in it?

It's not bad. It's just a program to mount ISO files. It's just a virtual drive manger (like PowerISO, and MagicISO). Just allows you to access .ISO files (CD rom) w/out a disc =). I have it, and PowerIso, both work well.

Yar, it's safe. No need to worry about it =). My Norton/Ad-Aware have never picked it up as bad, and it is a very good (and free) virtual drive manager.

If you read some of the comments down below (like the DAEMON tools site review), it says that the adware the program DOES contain is optional to install at the initial setup of the program.

Yar, I believe so. It's been a while since I've done an installation of it, so I can't remember for sure xD. I've had it on my computer for about a year, and nothing bad has come out of it.

ok thx man, u've answered all my questions... is safedisc that stupid protection on Halo Discs?

No problem =).

And, yar, I believe so. If you have a game that you have as an ISO format, and it calls for a safedisc, I recommend sd4hide. You just open the program, click "Hide" and then mount your file in DAEMON tools or whatever other virtual drive manager you have.

Either that, or use a No CD/DVD patch (it's legal as long as you own the original game), that way, you don't have to use a disc or ISO, you can just access it directly from your computer =). I do this with all of the games that I own, makes it a lot easier xD. Discs are just stored in a safe place, so they don't get scratched xD.

ya...i wanted to make backup copies of my games incase of the new puppy getting them... i'm gonna use the tools tho, comes in handy!!

Yeah, I'm sure that puppy would like to play around with those shiny "frisbees" xD.

BTW: for no cd/dvd fixes, I use gamecopyworld.com You just gotta find out what version of game you have (usually on the disc/package/or on the main menu).

Have fun though =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom