2GB (2x 1GB) DDR400 2-3-2-5 G.SKILL Memory
7950 GT
Antec 550w Truepower Trio
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
BFG NF4 Ultra Motherboard
120GB Maxtor Hard Drive
160GB Seagate Hard Drive
Pioneer DVD/CD Writer/Reader

Ok my problems are when i try to start everest or go into sensors tab the computer severly lags or locks up for good. When I go to play a game a couple minutes in I get a freeze for a second or two and then from a couple seconds to a couple minutes later the computer locks up like above. Also sometimes it blue screens saying MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I got the first set of the error code which is 0x0000009C. Any help guys? Google search says its a hardware problem but with there being hours of testing to find out what it is I figure there has to be an easier way. Before I had this issue my temperatures were low. I would check now but obviously I cant. I tried everest ultimate and home edition's but it just does what I said above. I do remember the cpu always below 40 degrees celcius. Video card stayed below 60 degrees celcius. Chipset I am not to sure but its never been more than warm to the touch. Hard drives are also very cool.

The only things I can think of is something is unstable (the only thing I can really think about is motherboard but I wont be able to get one soon) or maybe this cracked version of windows xp pro (not legal but my dad hasnt complained or instablility issues on his computers).

I started with replacing NTOSKRNL.EXE. It said to copy this file called "ntoskrnl.ex_" and put it in "c:\windows\system32" and I did and it should have overwrote a file but guess what? it didnt, so that must have been the problem. The boot.ini is fine i bet cause the computer starts fine and theres no problems there once so ever. Time to test it but I am not going to restart even though thats what it says.

well thar u go. I reckon boot.ini should be fine, its just depends on how bad ntoskrnl.exe is stuffed up. If its really bad it can affect the boot.ini file.

New file error. Hidparse.sys. I just replaced it with one online. Think a bad motherboard is causing me to lose files or corrupt them during instal cause I have had a bad motherboard prevent me from installing windows or formating drives.

UPDATE- Just got a svhost.exe error in windows idling. I am guessing its a ram issue now. Not cool....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom