8600GT and 8500GT out today on newegg!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a newbie question:

How come those video cards cost less than some of what Newegg has at 512 mb?

That's AGP which always costs more than its PCI-E counterparts. The question you are asking is pretty much common sense. I think you are trying to say why is a 256mb more expensive or something? If so then 512 memory doesn't really help that much at all compared to 256 at lower res.

The 8600 is a new card and is DX10 compatible and is just new and faster..why wouldn't it cost more?

my question is this:

what is the point of having a dx10 card that barely outperforms a 7600gs, when the 7600gs will struggle with some of the newer games, when the whole point of having a dx10 card is for newer games, which said dx10 card will not be able to handle?

my question is this:

what is the point of having a dx10 card that barely outperforms a 7600gs, when the 7600gs will struggle with some of the newer games, when the whole point of having a dx10 card is for newer games, which said dx10 card will not be able to handle?

EXACTLY!!!!

Why get an 8600GTS when it will struggle to play DX10 games while you can get an X1950XT for the same price that will pretty much kill most games today.

I mean DX10 is nice to have but by the time it hits mainstream your going to want a more powerful card then as the 8600GTS is around an X1950PRO right now which is mid-range and plays games at 1280x968 with medium graphics. I mean what are you going to expect from DX10 and Crysis then....Low graphics 50 FPS? Just get the most FPS for your buck right now and worry more about DX10 when games actually use it.

No, 8600GTS only performs better than 7950GT in shader-intensive games such as oblivion or STALKER.

But 7950GT performs better than 8600GTS on most of the other games. So, I assume that 8600GTS in on par with X1950pro

why isn't the x1900 series in the DX10 Line, it out performs the other 8 series geforce cards (well below 8800 anyways) so does that mean if i use it on say a DX10 game a comes out in a year or so would it not be supported, even though it outperforms the other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom