New Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I'm thinking about trying a new case. I really need one thats a lot quieter, the current one I have is insanely loud. I also need one thats really good on cooling cause I don't plan on doing liquid cooling for a long time, if ever. I would tell you my current case but I don't even know what the name is on it. Heres some readouts on what my temps are usually like. I'm not sure if I can get them much lower than this with a new case but a new one should at least allow me to put in some more fans and keep it quieter.

|Sensor | Current | Low | High | Average |
+-----------------------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|Case | 30° C | 28° C | 30° C | 29° C |
|CPU | 38° C | 37° C | 52° C | 40° C |

just look for a case which has atleast 120mm going in the front 120mm at the back or better and one which you like the look of then get back to us as it really is a matter of opinion which case looks best. My case the thermalrock mystic has bad cooling 60mm intake at front and 2x60mm at the back as a result Iam buying super fans which make 50db of noise but move 54CFM(cubic feet per minute) of air the reason why is I love the look of the case and it fits my needs. you need to balance everything.

Aesthetics(looks)
quality
price
cooling
extras

Antec 900 all the way, ive got one after my GPU was getting rather warm in my old case and after getting everything in the Antec it was much cooler, as is everything else, the case is built well, it looks nice, it has plenty of space and all the fans have 3 speed settings on them.
Superb case, i love mine :D

The P180 is also good and you can get it for $80 after rebate with free shipping here: FRYS.com | Antec

It will be much quieter (not that the 900 is loud or anything but this is one of the main goals of the P180) and roomier. I'm not a big fan of the 900 myself but a lot of people like it. It just seems too cramped inside and a little on the cheaper quality in the exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom