mobo CPU fan changing tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
My CPU fan (I only have one fan on my rig) is regularly changing tone/speed, and after installing a new mobo I have been working with the case open and it is very noticeable with noise and vibration.
Could this have caused my original mobo to fail? This occurs when I only have Outlook and Firefox open, and not doing anything tasking.
I have installed speedfan, and show 2 screenshots here: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8922/fanshotas8.jpg
Is 58-60c OK or too hot for CPU temp, if not what is ideal?
Should I replace the fan, if so please recommend type, style, quantity of fans you suggest to improve, and point to instructions…thanks.

I think your cpu is overheating. shut it down asap. then take off the heatsink , clean off the old paste and reapply some artic silver 5

then check temps again

tho technically, 58-60C is still an acceptable temp range for the cpu. I reckon u should get some more fans for your computer, just one over the cpu aint gonna do much for the motherboard! also how powerful is the fan you have over the cpu?

I'm highlighting problems with my fan, and one advises paste, and the other more fans!!
I was expecting...that is too hot, fan may not be performing 100%, change it.

lol, IM RITE!!! jj, you should do both. What CPU fan have you got? If its not powerful enuf, definatly change it. Good fan is quiet, mine is around 10db, and has good rpm, 2,500ish rpm's is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom