AGENA and KUMA details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices will be insane. They're not playing catch up. They landed the DELL contract. They don't need to catch the eye of the high end market. Enthusiast will by anything for any price. The cheapest one will be well over $275. Mark my words.

i bet Agena FX is going to do a good job, the only downside of this quad-core CPU, is that it will consume 120w that ive read.

i thought since Agena FX is a 65nm, shouldnt it consume less power to achieve higher performance? Because it's messed up that it consumes 120w.
that's maximum power consumption, for their top model; When all four cores are running at 100% load.

And it's 120W over four cores, so basically, 30W per core.
And when a core isn't being used, it is all but shut off. So they will be pretty power efficient.

other models will have a 95W TDP, according to AMD.

Also, the QX6800 (Intel's top quad core) consumes 130W max.

Prices will be insane. They're not playing catch up. They landed the DELL contract. They don't need to catch the eye of the high end market. Enthusiast will by anything for any price. The cheapest one will be well over $275. Mark my words.

i disagree...
amd has always catered more to people like us. i think that with the proven performance of the c2d, they would be fools to lauch a new (unproven) architecture with the expectations that people "will just buy it".
dell contract or no...i wager the cheapest in the lineup will be no more than 200.00.
and really, i think it may be less than that.
in any event, if it performs as promised...thats cheap.

i disagree...
amd has always catered more to people like us. i think that with the proven performance of the c2d, they would be fools to lauch a new (unproven) architecture with the expectations that people "will just buy it".
dell contract or no...i wager the cheapest in the lineup will be no more than 200.00.
and really, i think it may be less than that.
in any event, if it performs as promised...thats cheap.

Oh no no no... I'm saying if its better...people will buy it for a high price. We are enthusiast. They don't need to offer a budget chip I'm saying. If it flies, they're going to be charging big bucks for it. The price might even go up once the demand increase and the performance is realized (provided that it is better by significant margins)

I don't care what the price is....i just ordered an AM2 board so i could get one of these things as soon as they come out...then i will also preorder the AM2+ boards when available so i can take advantage of the full 4000mhz bus.

Nice. It's good I got a AM2 a month ago, now I can get these power monsters when they come out! Or something. :eek:

Hahahaha... Even if these things spank Intel, I'll still be glad I sold my AM2 because I got a GTS out of that deal lol. I'll just snag a new chip from Intel if Crysis makes this thing cry for mommie.

that's maximum power consumption, for their top model; When all four cores are running at 100% load.

And it's 120W over four cores, so basically, 30W per core.
And when a core isn't being used, it is all but shut off. So they will be pretty power efficient.

other models will have a 95W TDP, according to AMD.

Also, the QX6800 (Intel's top quad core) consumes 130W max.

True

However, Q6600 currently consumes 105W, but on 16 July intel will supply new G0 stepping of Q6600 that will consume 95W

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/intel-will-lower-q6600-power-consumption-16th-july-142200/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom