Emachines W2888 Wont Boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... What about the process "Intel"... I have to take that out of the old motherboard and put it in the new motherboard? Is my card compat. with the motherboard u gave me the link for on newegg??

Thanks!

the process "Intel"... Is my card
I have no idea what you're talking about here...

I assume the "Intel" you are talking about is the CPU? Remove the heat sink and fan, lift the side lock bar and remove the CPU. Be careful with the pins. Clean the thermal paste off the back of the CPU and the bottom of the heat sink with alcohol.

Be sure to get some thermal paste when you order your motherboard, as you will need to use it to remount the heatsink.

Card? Are you talking about the modem, by chance? Or a graphics card?

Ok... I took off the heatsink and got the CPU out.. Is there anything else I will need off of this motherboard that will be needed by the new motherboard? The only thing that I will need to ADD from the OLD motherboard to the NEW one is the CPU chip?

the cpu can only go in the socket it is designed for....... which is 478 so only those boards and the form factor of the motherboard needs to be the right size to fit in the case. its quite logical once you figure out the structure of components you can virtually build any type of computer for common uses. personally I would say scrap the system salvage the parts and build a new one but your choice no point if your happy with what you have.

Matt

Matt

OK.. I think I get the idea now.. I looked on the CPU case when I took it off and it says mPGA478B... So when I get this new motherboard... Will it fit into the case perfect like the other one did or will I have to drill new holes to make it fit or how will I get it to fit perfect? Does the motherboard come with a processer like Intel or do you buy that seperate?

there are several form factors all pre-factory drilled the basic forms are:
atx, btx, micro atx, itx

you just need to choose the right motherboard to the right case which I'am assuming trotter has done :D

It will fit. I replaced the mobo in my MiL's eMachine, and the case used standard holes. Actually, it used the same mobo as the one you are replacing, except her's was a T-something-or-other.

You'll need the RAM sticks from the old mobo, and your modem if you use dialup (should be the only expansion card you have).

cpu cooler will need to be removed and reused aswell so heres a checklist for what you have to remove

Ram
cpu
expansion cards
cpu cooler
and all wires connecting the motherboard to the other components

Matt

Ok... The CPU cooler is the silver thing that the CPU card goes on the bottom correct? Do I need to purchase anything extra while buying this motherboard? I will be buying Thermal Glue (CPU Card to the Heat Sink) and a Shock Braclet.... Does the mobo come with a processer from Intel or do I need to purchase that seperate?

Get thermal PASTE not glue. Artic Silver 5 is the best.

The motherboard will come with cables for your drives,and a CD with drivers on it. You will be using the CPU (Intel processor) from the original motherboard.

You can buy a new CPU if you want to, though. You have a Celeron, which is basically a Pentium that has had its wings clipped (a figure of speech, but easier than trying to explain about disabled cache and the speed difference it can make). The best ones on NewEgg is a 3.0 Prescott for $85 and a 2.8 Northwood for $70. Both would be a step up from your current Celeron, but the Celeron will work just fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom