Popular brands for HD's? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
well the time is coming for me i need to know what brand is popular right now, i know it depends on what type of HD

First choice: Canada Computers - Hard Drives > S-ATA Drives : Western Digital Caviar SATA II (WD1600JS) 160GB 7200RPM 8MB Buffer (OEM).

Second choice: Canada Computers - Hard Drives > S-ATA Drives : Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s 160GB 8MB Cache (OEM).

Third Choice:
Canada Computers - Hard Drives > S-ATA Drives : Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s 80GB 8MB Cache (OEM).

im not sure which one because i dont know if Seagate is more popular than WesternDigital (which i never used in my life)

seagate and western digital are the main hd brands and the seagate barracuda 7200.10 are the way to go for speed, price, good warranty the 320gb is usually the best price/gb the 7200.9 that you have listed are old!!!

Matt

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 FTW. I always hear about them, being the faster 7200rpm drives. And they're a great brand.

i guess ill go with The western digital (choice one) i would agree to buy the 7200.10 but i dont have the money :/ even tho its $30 more.
I also noticed that the Seagate im planning to get is SATA and the Western Digital im planning to get is SATAII (twice as fast i assume) so the speed is better but... the quality?????

Thnx for suggestions

Seagates are in SATA II as well...and SATA II is a little faster, but not twice as fast as SATA.

I have a Western Digital 200GB Sata 2 7200.9 I think it is, Very quick, Very Quiet, No problems. Get either mate its your choice. There both great.

Theoretically from what I have heard, SATA 1.5 had not reached it's limit in bandwidth but they upgraded to 3.0 becuase they could. Just like they did with PCI-E over AGP.

agp is around the limit I don't think they will be available in 5 years..... but 1.5gb/sec is faster then any mechanical drive can currently move unless the method of storage is somehow improved that is why the is large interest in tape and flash drives as they can work as quickly as the information can be processed no moving parts to slow them down. for the seagate barracudas there is a jumper on the back which you have to remove for it to work at 3gb/sec otherwise it works at 1.5gb/sec just a little heads up as it may be the same on the wd harddive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom