The Best DVDRW Drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyRo

In Runtime
Well i want to know wich brand of drive ppl have had good luck with lasting a long time... My ASUS drive has lasted a year... but it wont read burnt dvd's all of a sudden...

All input needed .... thanks alot..

The brands that come to mind are Samsung, Lite-On, and Sony. Don't know which is the best, but I think those are the top brands for dvd burners.

Plextor makes good DVD drives. I havn't owned any, since they are pricey, but PC Mag has used them in all of their test builds for a good four months now, and Maximum PC has recommended them many times.

Out of the ones I have owned, LG, Sony, Lite-On & NEC, I have been most impressed with my Sony burner. It looks great and has performed wonderfully.

i personally like NEC, i have a 2 NEC dvd burners, one of which i pulled from a dell that i bought 4 years ago, and has remained in all of my pc's from build to build. has never died and works just as the day i bought it. even though it does seem to be a bit louder now when reading, but im not certain about that.

cool thnx guys for the input... i kinda figured those were top names...

another quik question, does these things usually last a year... lol every 1 i ever had lasted about a year...

depends they shouldn't last a year but the lasers are extremely easy to damage and if you push the drive back in rather then pressing the button then you put strain on the motors it doesn't really matter its just £20 and by next year there is normally one which is faster and better then the one your replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom