PSU for 8800GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I know you will say theres already been posts like this but i cant be bothered to find them. An di know it run theoritcically on a 380W Bla Bla Bla...

But i need to know how safe it would be. Im using a 400W NorthQ PSU, if i get a 8800GTS it will be running with a E6300 , 2GB Pc5300 RAM, 200GB WD HardDive, 16x Liteon DVD Drive.

So do you think it will run safely with the 8800GTS, or should i expect it to be neer the limit and strain both the card and PSU to much ending up in my PSU failing and my whole PC Blowing up ? :p.

I doubt it. Maybe if you had a 400 Watt fortron. But I would still be a skeptic..

Pick of A hiper 580Watt. Relatively Cheap and should last awhile..
Or one of them 500 Watt Xclio Goodpowers..
If you wanted to purchase the minimum, then 450 Watt fortron.

It would most likley run pretty flawless actually... BUT a better PSU would not hurt at all

I know an 8800GTS 640mb will run on a 350w no name PSU, my bud is running 1 rite now...

Yours is also of much better quality than his..

I didn't want to rub that in and my ram isn't great and I don't love my motherboard if only I had waited one week and bought the abit AW9D-max and some g-skill hz's

p.s. PSU are one of the most important parts of a system if the power supply fails it can fry the whole system ruining all parts or do nothing to the system and then you can just swap the psu. Go with a trusted brand it will decrease the likelihood of the psu failing and I would rather pay £90 ($180) for a psu and save a £1,500 ($3,000) then risk it with a £20 ($40) no-name brand

It wasnt a very cheep PSU at the time of purchase. £40's i think.

Also my dad has being professionaly building Servers and PC's at barclaycard for over 10 years says it will be perfetly fine. Its raited at 50,000 Hours life time under load at 35 Degrees C. 8700Ish hours in a year, so judging on this if it can run it, it will last.

I think i'll try it with this PSU, if it struggles, i'll be upgrading to a Hiper 580W.

Thanks Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom