AGENA and KUMA details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^i dunno...^^
but i know my 4200 didnt do any better in the evga 590 mobo. well, a little...but not much.
not enough to justify to myself the expenditure of another 100.00.
i think i am going to RMA it and go ahead and get an x2 3600. just to see how it does in my abit. if it fares no better, i will still be able to use it in my moms upcoming build.
now that i have tried a 590 mobo and not really seen any better results, i really that my 4200 has hit its ceiling. because it wont go past 2.9 no matter the fsb or multiplier. ie, i can get to 2.9 with a high fsb and a low multi, or with a low fsb and high multi. but it aint goin no higher.
we'll see what the brisbane can do on my abit.

from what the other guy says it should work as these chips will be AM2 compatiable, but i wonder can the mobo's utilise the 4000 Hypertransport Link

from what the other guy says it should work as these chips will be AM2 compatiable, but i wonder can the mobo's utilise the 4000 Hypertransport Link
I know they'll work in AM2. And no, they won't get the 4GHZ HTT bus unless they're in an AM2+ board.

Which is why I'm wondering how well they'll do in an AM2 board with only a 2GHZ HTT bus.

they definitely wont be as fast (lol obviously). but i think they will be a vast improvement over the am2 chips in terms of speed and overclock ability. of course...we're all spoiled by the massive overclocks of c2d, and i dont think we will settle for a new cpu that doesnt perform as good or better under the same circumstances.
hopefully, the big-wigs at amd understand this. im sure they do, and i have a feeling that kuma is going to be a monster to be reckoned with.

Intel is planning to release QX6850 for $999 in Q3 2007. QX6850 will have 3.0GHz clock speed and 1333 MHz front-side-bus

DailyTech - Intel Readies Core 2 Extreme QX6850

I hope that this new intel Quad core processor kick AMD's ***

I Doubt it, all it is just a slgihtly better improved Kensfield, 2 conroes bolted together like how Pentium D's are made. Slow bus compared to K8L's and no L3 cache. Kensfield is not even double socketed so this guy will get out dated real fast as AMD comes out with Barcelona, Kuma and Agena and Intel will switch to Clovertown and Penrym.

It took intel 5 years to beat the Athlon 64 proccesor. I'm counting how much months Conroe is making the performance crown :D.

i bet Agena FX is going to do a good job, the only downside of this quad-core CPU, is that it will consume 120w that ive read.

i thought since Agena FX is a 65nm, shouldnt it consume less power to achieve higher performance? Because it's messed up that it consumes 120w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom