Dual Psu's????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why it wouldn't be safe... But you'll have a ton of extra cords to have to hide and deal with. I hope you went with Modular psu's.

Yeah, If you want to mod out your case, Go with something more useful. Or at least more practical.

Brodie, this probably isn't a good idea. YES, there isn't anything wrong with dual PSU's, but it is in the implimentation. A dual setup with a REDUNDANT PSU would be a cool mod. I agree with some of the previous posts about this not being a very good idea.

The major problem with this, is that EVERY source of cooling in the case will be linked to a PSU other than what the rest of the components are linked to. What will you do if something should happen, and power is cut to the "cooling" PSU (such as if that unit is unplugged, or if someone switches it off).? Then your main components will be left running with only a heatsink for cooling.

The second problem, is that the PCI power connection bracket you linked, is for linking power to the OUTSIDE of the case. So you would have to mod that panel to switch around the connections. You would be better off modding a PCI slot filler plate to do the same thing, and save the $6.

Lastly, let say hypothetically you DID do this? Why on Earth would you want the PSU to be OUTSIDE of the case. I personally would likely find it to be an unsightly mod. It would look better on the inside.

You can do this and it will be safe unless something like Ethereal stated happens. Safe for the most part but stupid if you don't NEED to do it.

i kinda saw that picture in my head already but the picture comfirms it :D

if you really need the extra 700watts then go for it.

i'm sorry but i think this is just a waste of money. i agree with Ethereal_Dragon. the only use of having dual power supplies is where one is redundant. so yes it is a case mod and if that brings you satisfaction then go for it and you can be happy with the result and that's fine :). however it lacks purpose, it won't look pretty and it will make clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom