Bout to Order my New Build - Got everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately that happened the first time I built a comp, and I never really found an answer to the problem, hopefully someone else has better info.

Hrrm do you see any kind of picture at all on the monitor? That happened to me if so when i built my computer 4 months ago. I had the ram in the first slot on my board but I needed it in the far right one for it to turn on. Does your board have any onboard LED lights that would give you a code? My Tforce 965PT's LED lights told me that it was a ram error and I messed with it from there.

It most likely isn't the board if it powers up at all. If the lights turn on I also don't think it could be the PSU. My guess is that the video card or the RAM.

I'll try moving the ram but getting it into the first slot is almost impossible because the heatsink is in the way.

By the way there are no freaking lights on my mobo :( lol

Here is some answers to questions people on another messageboard asked me.

"Ok, the fan on the graphics card works. All fans work. The monitor has been tested with another computer, it works perfectly.

It has a battery in the Mobo already.

I'm pretty sure I have the speaker hooked up right but not 100%. Anyway, I hear no beeping sounds what so ever. I'm gonna go try putting my Vista disc in and see if I can hear the HDD or DVD drive actually doing anything. The DVD drive opens and lights flash, so i'm pretty sure thats fine.

Also yes this sucks, I was so pumped about building my first computer and this happens. it really is disappointing, frustrating, and everythign else."

"Okay it sounds as if the HDD and the DVD Rom Drive are working properly after inserting a Windows Vista Ultimate disc I heard both the disc spinning and the Harddrive moving also. I'm guessing this would eliminate a problem with the Processor, HDD and DVD Drive.

Leaving the Motherboard and Graphics card as the only two that it can be correct?

Anymore suggestions? I tried hooking 2 monitors up to both places to hook it up on the graphics card and neither had a signal as expected but I thought I try something different."

I'm gonna go down to a local computer shop/builder and ask if he can try to help me out by using a video card he has sitting around in it. Also have him try the video card on another Motherboard and see whats up.

He told me it is the motherboard that is malfunctioning not the video card.

Can I take the processor off the motherboard without detaching the heatsink and expect to store it safely and also reattach it to the new motherboard safely??

Also RMAing a motehrboard, I need to send the whole thing in original packaging?

the motherboard doesn't need to be in original pristine hootn tootn condition, just as long as they get the hardware back you're good to go.

Did you have any trouble with this motherboard? cause I'm thinking of getting pretty much the same comp as you and was wondering if the motherboard has any issues? I noticed the CPU is really close to the RAM, I was wondering if you had problems installing the RAM?

Yea I had one problem, with the heatsink I got. Its basically impossible to have ram without putting it in on an angle into the ram slot closest to the CPU.

Thats the only problem I ran into with the setup beside my motherboard not working when it arrived :( lol

Just ordered a custom system was gonna build 1 but found this site was only about 50 dollars more than what it would cost to build,and this computer came tuned and ready to go.Was gonna use almost identical hardware as the earthquake gaming platform which is what I ended up purchasing at this site Gaming computer, good price,Nvidia 8800,Nforce sli,sale,Dual core,3dmar06 score I kept everything the same except upgraded the vid card to the 640 meg 8800. My 3d mark06 is over 10,000 and my mark03 is over 30,000 I am extremely happy recommend these computers to anyone looking to buy or if you wanted to build compare your prices this site may be close or even cheaper than your build cost. My specs

Nforce 590 mobo
athlon64 5200X2 (this processor has bigger caches along with the 5600 and 6000 these three models of athlonX2 cpu's R clones of the FX that runs @ equal speed dont buy a 5400 or 5800 the 5200 will out perform them both for less money)
2 gigs Ocz Platinum 2x1gig PC2 6400 @ 800mhz
250 gig sata 2 drive with 16 meg cache for better perfomance
1-Evga 8800gts 640 graphics card
raidmax smilodon gaming case (5 fans in case) with 500 watt supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom