brand new $700-$800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

In Runtime
i'm looking for an up-to-date build. i've been using my hp for about 3 years now and it's getting a little old. i'll mostly use it for gaming,web surfing, music, movies...and the general pc stuff. can anyone recommend me a build?

That is a sick build you can OC that processor to 2.8ghz. Im thinking about getting that same set up.

Jumping_Bean514's build is slick, I'm sure you'd have to oc that processor to keep it from bottlenecking that video card though.....only downside I can see to that build.

The 8600GTS right now isn't worth it. An X1950 Pro will provide similar performance for $60 less and DX10 really isn't too important unless you don't plan to upgrade it for a couple years.

The CPU wouldn't bottleneck it at stock although overclocking it anyway would be good.

I wouldn't get the Hiper power supply. My choices would be Corsair 520/Antec Earthwatts 500/Antec NeoHE 500 or 500/any fsp >450W/any seasonic >450W/any silverstone >450W/Xclios etc. The hiper isn't bad, I just think there are better in the price range. It puts too much emphasis on it's looks rather then its performance.

Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A, 2.0 version, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 500W - Retail (my choice if you don't need modular)
Newegg.com - Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CE, FCC, CCC, CB, C-tick - Retail
FRYS.com | Antec (amazing deal right now)
Newegg.com - XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail
Newegg.com - XCLIO STABLEPOWER 460W ATX 460W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

Even this would do if you don't want to spend a lot (would limit future upgrades though especially if you're overclocking):
Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

You also don't need that good RAM.. If you want to save a few bucks, go for the G.Skill NQs or NRs for 125/135. If you want one of the best overclockers, go for the HZs for 170.

I agree except I say get an X1950XT for the same price as it will destroy an 8600GTS and as Muffins said DX10 isn't needed and your going to want something more powerful to be playing DX10 games anyway.

I would say get the Xclio 500w Stablepower, and an X1950XT.

Much more performance than single 8600GTS for the same price.

thats a good build, yeah substitute that 8600gts for something else.. x1950xt is a good choice.

lol when did the 8600gts come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom