1 Raptor Or 2 Barracuda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent you a PM, Wildside, but I am going to assume you meant the question above...?

what about if i, hypothetically, had Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade on the Raptor, n Windows XP Pro on my other HDD, would it still work? If so, would the OS of Vista run better n faster on a 10,000 rpm then on a 7200 rpm HDD?

As long as you did a clean install of the upgrade, or you just threw your XP Pro away.

You would have a dual boot system. The Vista would run a little faster in things that require accessing the HD due to the Raptor's speed, but run the same in things that are just RAM intensive.

In a RAID0 with two 'Cudas, you could still do a dual boot, as long as the OSs were in different partitions.

you could buy the raptor and partition it so you install both xp and vista on the raptor with maybe some of your favourite games then buy a barracuda for storage of all other stuff that would get you the best of both worlds :D

I sent you a PM, Wildside, but I am going to assume you meant the question above...?

As long as you did a clean install of the upgrade, or you just threw your XP Pro away.

You would have a dual boot system. The Vista would run a little faster in things that require accessing the HD due to the Raptor's speed, but run the same in things that are just RAM intensive.

In a RAID0 with two 'Cudas, you could still do a dual boot, as long as the OSs were in different partitions.

what u mean by throwing away XP Pro? Dont u need it to upgrade to Vista?

well i was just kind of speaking hypothetical, but really once i get my computer up and running again (turned Windows XP Pro original boot floppy to CD to repair computer because i disabled my graphics card X(, but no dice, gonna try SP2 next), then i can focus on getting a seagate 250GB 7200rpm HDD after i get an HD 2900 XTX. I want to install Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit on the new HDD i want to get, but like upgrade n once SP1 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom