Dual Psu's????

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodieman

In Runtime
As the title says...

Thanks in advance

So I think my idea is simple. I want to hook up dual psu's. One internal and one external. I have read so many topics regarding this and how many different ways to do it. I have decided to go ahead with the jump mod by taking a small piece of wire to the 24 pin motherboard connector. Using the wire on the black and ground wire, I am able to use the rear switch on the back as on/off. Now my idea is to only use the second psu for all my fans IE:::

1X Zalman CPU Fan
1X Zalman GPU Fan
3X 120mm 4 LED Fans
3---6 80mm 4 LED Fans
And final a neon blue light 10"

I will mount the PSU outside my case and in NO WAY will it be connected to my major pc components. I am buying some PCI power brackets to get the power inside the case. With those I am able to remove the exterior cable and move my tower with ease.

Bracket on ebay…..
eBay.ca: PCI Power Bracket (2X4Pin & 2X3pin connectors) O302 (item 230100479229 end time 03-May-07 23:53:03 EDT)

I want to know if this is safe.

Umm why isn't one enough, unless they are 100 watts each or something?

I understand that this is the Overclocking, Case Mod, Tweaking PC Performance forum, I am just asking why you need to do this.

Truly

Because I am into case mods and I think this is kewl. next.....

Anyone know if it is safe?

I'm with j369852147412, I don't see the point in having an extra PSU just to run a couple of fans. I'd say go with a better PSU if your current one isn't giving you enough power.

How about someone just answer my question????

Your point is well taking but I am looking to MOD... Not recieve peoples opinion..

Once agan is it safe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom