New ForceWare 158.19 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
New ForceWare 158.19 Drivers

NVIDIA has just released brand spanking new ForceWare 158.19 drivers. The driver package adds support for the GeForce 8600 GTS, 8600 GT, 8500 GT, 8400 GS, 8300 GS GPUs and weighs in at just under 40MB. Grab them if you need them.

Increased performance in 3D applications. Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.1 support. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, and known compatibility issues.

Whoa, what happened to, well, anything between 101.xx, and this?

Are the drivers so massively better than the previous ones that they had to add over 50 to the driver version?

They better also be good vista drivers.....
I thought the most recent ones were 93.something and now they jump to 15.xx

^^the most recent 7 series drivers were/are 93.71, according to nVidia's website. although you can find newer (and likely better) versions if you look around, lol.
they dont, to my knowledge, support the 8 series cards.

I've went from the 100.65, To the 101.41 then to the leaked 101.70 drivers and now to these... Hm... So far so good! I'll bench on 3dMark again and see if it goes down any... The 101.70 drivers I lost bout 400 points.

My score went down again, I'm using two eVGA 8800 GTX Ko's. I love them but **** I need some good drivers...

So far no crashes though! That's good. Before my monitors would just up and go black and have to reboot the pc.

lol! jezus..."my score went down"...hahaha. i bet with just one card not tuned up very well your score would still be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in front of mine...
ima have to git me one of those cards, i think. b-day comin up in june meh-hehheh!

They're nice, But run really hot. And since I'm on Vista, I have NO fan control, Which sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom