Cant burn to Imation 16x DVD-R!! Cant upgrade DVD-RW firmware either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have purchased a set of 25 Imation 16x DVD-R and am trying to burn onto them using Nero, however, I am experiencing burn errors and am not able to burn. (I tried burning with DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120 etc...same reuslt)

I read on the Imation Label that "Lower speed drives might need firmware upgrade to write this media." I tried the Fujitsu-Siemens website, searched for DVD-RW driver under Amilo Pro V2020, but found nothing except a document that says "It is not necessary to upgrade the firmware of your DVD Drive in Windows XP"

I tried searching the NEC website (the drive is a NEC ND-6500A) however, they only provide firmware upgrades to retail (non OEM) drives. (I found a driver for ND-6500A and downloaded it but it did not run....then I read that these upgrades do NOT work on OEM drives...such as those that come bundled in a Dell, Fujitsu-Siemens etc...laptop...

Any help is much appreciated...

Thank You

Rawan, is this the 1st time you use your burner? Have you tried DVD+R instead of DVD-R? Can you post the error you are getting here?

Thanks,

Maher

not at all....iv been using it for a long time....and its nothing to do with format (dvd-r or dvd+r) since it is a dvd+/rw drive...plus, ive burnt tons of dvd-rs and dvd+rs over they years...

as for the error...well for starters...the max speed is 2.4x (my drive speed is much more than that, and the dvd speed is 16x)

when i start the burn process in nero...it says:

Illegal Disk
Could not perform Start of Disk-at-Once
Burn process failed at 2.4x

Any suggestions???

Thanx...

Have you tried not doing the Disc-at-once? As in, letting it save the image of the disc to a temporary folder, and then burning it to the disc? Try that and see if that works.

mmm...what do you mean?? the dvd video files are saved to my hd...and im just copying them using nero...(also data files...same thing...)

and if im not mistaken..i also tried burning an iso image...using nero and using alcohol.....same problem!!!! :mad:

not at all....iv been using it for a long time....and its nothing to do with format (dvd-r or dvd+r) since it is a dvd+/rw drive...plus, ive burnt tons of dvd-rs and dvd+rs over they years...

as for the error...well for starters...the max speed is 2.4x (my drive speed is much more than that, and the dvd speed is 16x)

when i start the burn process in nero...it says:

Illegal Disk
Could not perform Start of Disk-at-Once
Burn process failed at 2.4x

Any suggestions???

Thanx...

I think the problem is with the writing speed. Your DVD spead is 16x and your DVD Burner is more correct? You should have the option to chose your speed before you hit "burn" - burn at a speed of 8x and see what happens.

I think the problem is with the writing speed. Your DVD spead is 16x and your DVD Burner is more correct? You should have the option to chose your speed before you hit "burn" - burn at a speed of 8x and see what happens.

I dont think it is the burner I have the same exact error, and description. I thought it was the NEC burner and after looking at the discs further there is a line in the first sector of the disc as if it has been written on already. I look through the spindle of 50 pack and each and every one of them is the same. As if there is a track started on them. I just went back to the retailer and exchanged them and same exact issue. I am going to try a different brand tonight after the work scene, to see if they have this "track" on it.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom