Buying a new Laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

artisan21

Solid State Member
Hey guys. I'm new here, but it's nice to meet you all. I'm hoping for some advice on what kinds of deals I could get for my new laptop purchase.

First off, I'm not looking for the highest-of-the-high end laptops. Also, I am not looking to build my own PC. I am basically looking for a portable entertainment machine that will run most of the newest games at good rates, and all of the recent games in the last 6 mo or so at great rates.

Here are some basics:

1)I am willing to spend around $1500 at most.
2)I would like a Core2 Duo processor or AMD at or near 2.0Ghz.
3)I would like a Great video card, but not an extemporaneous one. Some examples of what I'm looking for are the ATI X18/1900 series, or the Nvidia 78/7900 GTX series. Not something that's going to skyrocket the price though. Even an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS would be GREAT!
4)I'd like at or near 100GB of HDD.
5)Good Wireless (of course)

These are what I'm looking for, but the most important inquiry I have is whether or not to go with Vista, or XP. I've heard nothing but **** about vista, but I'd like some of your great opinions. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon.

I think a laptop with that kind of video card, will cost more than $1500. And I think, almost all, if not, all new laptops have Vista in them.

some of the better laptop/desktop companies have vista as optional. I would recommend a HP laptop given your budget maybe a dell they're an all round good laptops. my next laptop is going to be a hp voodoo it will cost 7,00 dollars

its pretty pointless building your dream desktop because your just going to find out a week later that a new and better part has come out hence why I built my newest machine with just good not incredible parts there are tons of ways to improve on it but it is still an awesome set up

I'm not one of those, that with that kind of money, will get a quad core, 4gb of ram, sli 8800s, and all that. My dream computer would be e6600, msi p6n platinum, corsair 620w, 8800gtx, seagate 320gb 7200.10 in raid 0, 2gb of G. Skill HZs, tuniq, in a gigabyte aurora 570.

lol...sorry this got off topic artisan21.

I'm looking for about the same thing. I'd like a halfway decent video card as well like a Go 7600GT or something. I won't be gaming heavily on it, but I would like the ability to do so as well as homework, projects, ect.

I'm not quite sure what brand is best, especially durability wise. I've owned a Toshiba and it was fairly solid. My friend has an HP and it look fairly nice. Someone else I know owns a lightweight Sony and it looks a little flimsy, but I think that is a result of making it lighter in weight because Sony has normally been an overall decent brand if you exclude the recent PS3 mishaps. Also, I've never owned or known anyone who owned a Gateway but they don't look too bad either.

Stats I'm looking for:

17" Screen
C2D (Probably 1.83 or higher)
1GB RAM (1 piece only, not 2x512MB so I can buy 1 more 1GB stick later)
Anywhere from 100GB-200GB HDD at least 5400RPM-7200RPM, no 4200RPMs!
Possibly a decent video card, 7600GT, but not required.
Doesn't have to have bluetooth but if it's only $20-30 more, why not.
Hopefully a 12cell or larger battery since all of this is quite power consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom