Oh man, this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

Baseband Member
I was doing research on my laptop when it started acting up. So, I got angry with it and hit it twice: once on the keyboard, then on the plastic sides below the keyboard. So I shut it off, but when I turned it back on, I couldn't access the login page. So I did a system recovery, and I eventually got to the login screen. I got to my desktop, but I could access nothing. My cursor was an arrow, then a constant loading glass. Plus, my HD was making a strange repetitious noise. Now, one of my Dad's friends is working on it. So far, he has said that he thinks the processor is dead. My question is whether I could have destroyed the processor by smacking my laptop around. It wasn't too hard, and everyone gets heated and smacks their computer when it doesn't work. So, was it my fault, or is someone really wrong with my processor? Thanks for any help.

I would think its your hard drive since they can get damaged very easy when they are hit while running.

CPUs are hard to break.

I agree with turtile. They would be more easily destroyed in a laptop, then the CPU. It could be your hard drive, since you mentioned it, making a weird sound.

Yeah, I would think it to be the hard drive to. I'm going to tell the man to check the hard drive.

Hello,

I agree. If the processor was dead, then the machine wouldn't even POST, and you wouldn't be able to boot into anything.

The hdd on most laptops is located either right under the plastic piece near below the keyboard, or under the keyboard. Since thats where you hit it, I think thats the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the CPU were damaged, wouldn't the computer not work at all?

ya... it wouldn't start up..

One of my older cpu's decided to go chernobyl on me.. and it wouldnt start.
edit.gif

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. I'm going to contact the man tomorrow and tell him it probably isin't the processor, because the pc is able to run, it just can't run any programs, or open any menus like right click and start. I truly think it is the hard drive, and I hope I can replace it. I was originally going to give my laptop to my sister, as I would be buying a new one for college. Again, thanks for all the help, and if anybody has any other helpful tips, please let me know.

lol another tip is...try to be patient with a desktop or laptop, so you won't have to go through this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom