PhysX Card vs 8800GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm well i am waiting for the PhysX card to be PCI-E, reason is is because im planning on getting the RD790 along with one Agena FX. It has 4 PCI-E 2.0 slots, n one PCI, which i use my sound card.

anyways, i was told that the physics engine in the 8800 GTXs cant be used in PhysX compatible games unless the games also applies to any card with a physics engine.

off topic but i need help:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/help-i-disabled-my-graphics-card-accident-need-help-139908/

i have the 6 floppys n a CD-R, but will this method work n restore my computer the way it once was? Anyone know a good guide to help me repair my computer?

and i need help with finding the right 2.1 speakers to my sound card that doesnt consume over 100w, im using Z-2200, they like consume 200w or something, i hate them:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f12/advice-good-2-1-speakers-my-sound-card-140772/

sry for the long post, it's just that hardly anyone goes to the 'Other Computer HW Topics' or 'Computer Audio & Multimedia', n i need help fast. Sry for invading ur thread Sydzy :)

I can't remember if the 8800GTS has physics processing or not either.

I think that nvidia was brilliant to incorporate physics processing into their 8800 cards. Physics processing isn't really all that much of a difficult process so I think it was silly to ever think that one needed an extra card to handle it.

Unless, of course, game designers decided to up the amount of physics that are in their games. I am not talking more particles and things. I mean the way that objects hit each other, tracks on the ground, branches in trees, etc. Physics really adds to the game.

Also nvidia pwned Killer with it's new dual NIC packet teaming and prioritizing game packets. Kudos for nvidia.

^^haha yes sir^^
i cant wait to fire up my new evga 590 sli and see what kind of difference it makes during online playtime...
Killer NIC...snort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom