Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started folding yesterday, and still have a while to complete my first WU. However, i was on Folding@Home and didn't see myself on there... Do you have to at least have 1 WU completed?

Ya when you get your first WU done you appear on the list after a while... I completed my first wu the other day.. I should have 2 more done today.

Man, cvb724 TOTALLY PWNED my Points per Day score... lol

Have to wonder though.... his last post is 12/15/2006... I wonder if he started folding, and forgot to change the team number or something, cause he hasn't really been here since he started folding... But he is doing a darn fine job!!

836 points 24hr average..... it went up seince yesterday.. what is he folding with?!?! At his rate he's going to catch Trotter by May 11ish (At the rate im going you have a 20 year head start on me) give or take a few days. I'm happy with my amazing 27 points 24hr average lol.

Id say he forgot to change the team number. Oh well..

Edit: Anyone know how well the c2d's fold? im thinking of upgrading soon when the price drop happens.

My girl's laptop has 2 clients running on it 24x7 (when it isn't closed, cause then it hibernates), and it takes about 2ish days to complete a WU... I will have to look at the logs on her machine to get you more granular timetable. The funny thing, is that 1 instance is ALWAYS at 100%, and the other varies, cause with the stuff she does, it only uses one core.

I kind of have the same thing going with the pentium D

I just click on the folding at home prosscesses in task manager and set the affinity of the first client to cpu 0 than the other client to cpu 1

Edit: on average I'm folding at 29sec a frame. Looking at about a day and a half for a 5000 WU

836 points 24hr average..... it went up seince yesterday.. what is he folding with?!?! At his rate he's going to catch Trotter by May 11ish (At the rate im going you have a 20 year head start on me) give or take a few days. I'm happy with my amazing 27 points 24hr average lol.

Id say he forgot to change the team number. Oh well..

Edit: Anyone know how well the c2d's fold? im thinking of upgrading soon when the price drop happens.

If you look at the F@H stats page it says he is running 7 instances so that is helping him get really high scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom