Pics of New Gaming Rig (56k (dur))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I built this computer to have something to work on my website StealthyTech.com - Bringing You the Latest Tech! with, and obviously for some hardcore gaming. I plan on another 8800GTX in another month or so as well :p Well I finally got around to getting these pics up, here are the specs:

E6600 C2D @ 3.4GHz
EVGA 8800GTX
G.Skill 2GB Dual Channel @ 1000MHz
Asus Striker Extreme
WD SATA 160GB 16MB Cache
HIPER Type-R 580 (Modular)
Thermaltake Bigwater SE (For now ; ))
Thermaltake Armor

Accesories:
Saitek Back lit Gaming Keyboard
Asus DVD-RAM burner w/ LightScribe (Ultra fast and quiet)
Acer 22" Wide screen HDCP LCD

Pics Taken With:
Exilim EX-S770 Card (Extremely tiny and thin camera, check it out on Google)

CIMG0272.JPG

"I want all this... in there" (XXX, Xander (Vin Diesel XD))

CIMG0275.JPG

^^ That case has so much room. Room for anything at all.

CIMG0271.JPG

The E6600 Conroe, Stock 2.4 is now running at 3.4GHz

CIMG0281.JPG

^^Got the proc and the water block secured to the mobo, using a minimal amount of AS5.
(continued)

CIMG0284.JPG

Here's everything In place, ready to be dropped into the case. That board is so beautiful!

CIMG0287.JPG

There she blows. This is the initial set up, powered on to make sure everything works before I clean it up a bit.

CIMG0291.JPG

There you go, some nice cable management.

CIMG0297.JPG

Nice and Prettified. Beautiful all together.

(continued)

CIMG0293.JPG

Here's the back. I never thought that LCD Poster would be handy, but it is for over clocking. It tells me if something failed and what did. (That small black cable you see heading up to the radiator exhaust is a thermal sensor)

CIMG0311.JPG

And there you have it. Gets 12870 in 3D Mark '06. Idles at 29C and loads at 48C. Running in 1680x1050 HD Wide, Never goes below 40 frames in games like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, usually sits around 65. It's nearly silent, asside from the radiator unless it's on low, then it is silent. I have thermal sensors on my RAM, directly on my GPU, and one in my radiator just to give me some information on how hot things run. The aircooled 8800GTX runs at about 60C.

What chya think?
(concluded)

That is a great job. Very nice rig.

I just got that keyboard, and I just luv it. I do most of my gaming at night and that keyboard lets me see everything, even when its pitch black in the room. Not a bunch of extra or mis placed keys either.....very straight forward.

Awesome rig! But spending all that money on a beautiful rig, and the watercooling you chose was a TT Bigwater? I keep hearing bad things about that kit. You should of went to Petra's for watercooling.
edit: Oh ok...I see you said "(for now)"...change it soon. Don't want a leak to happen.

lol...I think theres a typo on your 3DMark06 score. I'd really really mad, if I was getting only a 1287.

I really like the pic of the close up CPU waterblock...so shiny...

Very nice and well done :D

I take it those FPS are maxed out in-game settings and highest resolution on the 22", right? also as the guy said above you might want to check your 3Dmark 06 score, i think you missed off a digit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom