PC Switches on at 12.42am every day??

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatphil55

Beta member
Hey been trying to fix this for a while and have been unable to and wondered if anyone on here had any pointers to a solution? i have had many pc's and i have never experienced this. at 12.45am of every my pc turns on. its not a major problem as i can turn it off at the wall socket. but its the fact that its not perfect as it should be. the moment i press the power socket button the pc boots up. as if at 12.45 something activated and when given power now it turns on! its not lan wake up and i have no clue as to what it could be any ideas?
cheers

CMOS alam? i have been right thru the bios and any 'wake events' are all disabled. the one major annoyance here is that no matter what i try i have to wait till almost 1am to see if its fixed. and if it isnt i have another 24 hours till i can find if anything else i change does it.

try this:

go start>all programs>accessories>system tools>scheduled tasks

if you can figure this out, great. but if u cant, post a screenie.

scheduled tasks is empty. it happens with a 100% fresh install of windows. it has to be the mother board but i cant fingure out what. anything that would wake up the pc is turned off. is it possible that the mother board is just a faulty and and this keeps happenin? or will there be an option i need to switch off?

Did you get a manual with the mb? or just look it up, and check if there is any jumper connections that shouldn't be connected. What motherboard do you have?

You could try hiring a catholic priest to come do an exorcism.
Catholics don't believe in demonic possession ;).

Did you get a manual with the mb? or just look it up, and check if there is any jumper connections that shouldn't be connected. What motherboard do you have?

And if you bought a pre-made computer (from Dell, or HP or somethin), you should be able to look up the mobo specs on their site, and it may tell you how to reset it, if you're not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom