Much of a CPU upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I said AMD, was the price. The X2 3600+ Brisbane, is only $74, and will give a nice overclock.

But I don't blame you for choosing Intel either. That one is a great overclocker.

For the ram, I suggest G. Skill, because of their reputation for overclocking.

Good choice on the PSU.

thanks for the heads up

Iv had g. skill mentioned before but dont see any of there products in the major online pc shops over here in the UK. Is it possible just to overclock your CPU without touching the memory as Im more scared with all the variants you have to deal with when overclocking memory.

You aren't going to get a new video card. If you are planning on playing bf2142 on high settings. Yes the cpu will easily handle it, but that video card will hold you back big time.

That depends on his res. he can play it on medium probably at 1024x768 with a 7300GT overclocked a bit. However a 7900GS or something is what you'll really want.

save some money(if you want to) and get an opty s939.

Newegg.com - AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

150 bucks and it stands toe-to-toe with a cheap c2d build.

or go with an x2 3800. its 130.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail

it wont clock as high as a c2d, but it will suit your needs as far as gaming goes. dont forget, if you have your stock hsf, you can buy OEM and save a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom